IGNORED

AE nes game

th555

At one point I thought about making a WATMM game.

You'd fight enemies like the Netlon Sentinel, New Bass Hippo and Mookids. And levels would be like, the Chiastic Slide, the Beach at Redpoint etc.

An Autechre game would be sweet though, you could play as Booth or Brown (like Mario and Luigi) and they have to retrieve their gear which has been stolen by crazy fan boys. Each level would have a sweet 8 bit rendition of an Autechre classic. And at the end of the game they retrieve all their gear and play the most amazing show ever, which explodes the brains of the fanboys.

you could play as Booth or Brown (like Mario and Luigi) and they have to retrieve their gear

.. piece by piece, which as a result adds the sounds from that particular piece of equipment to the soundtrack?

Guest ansgaria

At one point I thought about making a WATMM game.

You'd fight enemies like the Netlon Sentinel, New Bass Hippo and Mookids. And levels would be like, the Chiastic Slide, the Beach at Redpoint etc.

An Autechre game would be sweet though, you could play as Booth or Brown (like Mario and Luigi) and they have to retrieve their gear which has been stolen by crazy fan boys. Each level would have a sweet 8 bit rendition of an Autechre classic. And at the end of the game they retrieve all their gear and play the most amazing show ever, which explodes the brains of the fanboys.

Holy shit, brilliant idea. Though I'd think it would be better if you were to choose from a range of Warp artists to play. Or it could have a basic storyline where each level focuses on a different artist with their own character, abilities (?), level, music, enemies and goal.

Richard's goal would be to escape the press wanting to know when the new album is out. The level ends with him getting in his tank and shooting the press. The pressure from his fans being the final boss.

The goal of the BoC level would be to escape the BoC subforum. Simple.

This is going to be big.

Guest texan whip

An IDM beat-em-up would be best. I'd most likely choose Cylob as I think he would kick any other artists arse all over the studio. I think Booth and Brown could take him out with a combined headbutt drop though.

Guest Xenblake

caliper remote controlled rpeg games.

20090709-starfox.jpg

Star Fox on the SNES had a quite Autechrian feel about it. In that many people knocked the pixelated unreal graphics, yet this game had a much more realistic feel to it it compared to many other more realistic looking games.

And at the end of the game they retrieve all their gear and play the most amazing show ever, which explodes the brains of the fanboys.

We should definitely hire autechre to do the soundtrack.

you could play as Booth or Brown (like Mario and Luigi) and they have to retrieve their gear

.. piece by piece, which as a result adds the sounds from that particular piece of equipment to the soundtrack?

Or just the soundtrack of every level would be based around the piece of equipment you just collected in the previous level. Loco Roco did something with adding more and more things to the music as you progress, and I found it highly annoying that the music was shit at the beginning of each level.

Archived