IGNORED

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER (or at least begun to ice up)

Joyrex

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this one

fatteenpissin.jpg

Ah, never saw that before. Not putting that on a shirt associated with WATMM, sorry.

I don't know if anybody asked this, but is there any reason that the stroke weight of the semi-circle underneath the W is slightly thinner than the rest of the logo?

Huh - shouldn't be... I'll check it when I get home, and fix it if that's the case on my original artwork - by the way, there isn't a stroke weight on the logo at all - I usually get rid of strokes when simplifying my objects as some PostScript RIPs can interpret stroke width differently (God, that goes back to my graphic design/print production days).

THAT is the watmm logo?

That is the watmm records logo.

Correct.

That is/will be the WATMM/WATMM Records logo, if all goes as planned...

i'm sorry...$25? i understand that's the going rate at a lot of places, but no way would i spend more than 15 bucks on that. which brings me to my next point. reading through this thread it seems that NO one recognizes that logo (save for Joyrex himself). what's wrong with the 'W' that shows in the tab when on here? i always liked that. or maybe a 'watmm' in that font/color/style?

i'm sorry...$25? i understand that's the going rate at a lot of places, but no way would i spend more than 15 bucks on that. which brings me to my next point. reading through this thread it seems that NO one recognizes that logo (save for Joyrex himself). what's wrong with the 'W' that shows in the tab when on here? i always liked that. or maybe a 'watmm' in that font/color/style?

That "W", as well as a lot of what this site looks like, is going away very soon...

And that logo has been around since 2004 - it just hasn't been used in recent years since WATMM's been in a sort of limbo. It's on the WATMM Volume One compilation, and was all over the site at one point. So the fact YOU don't recognize the logo doesn't mean NO ONE does.

Also, not all the shirts are 25USD - some are less, and they're priced according to what most tees like this sell for (and I might add that some are certainly not American Apparel quality, for sure and that's what affects the price here - I could offer cheaper shirts, but the shirt quality won't be as high as an AA one).

I don't know if anybody asked this, but is there any reason that the stroke weight of the semi-circle underneath the W is slightly thinner than the rest of the logo?

Huh - shouldn't be... I'll check it when I get home, and fix it if that's the case on my original artwork - by the way, there isn't a stroke weight on the logo at all - I usually get rid of strokes when simplifying my objects as some PostScript RIPs can interpret stroke width differently (God, that goes back to my graphic design/print production days).

Ah, right, makes sense. But yeah, you know what I mean. And I didn't know you were a designer/production artist! The enigma that is joyrex continues to slowly reveal itself...

i never spended more then like $4 for a shirt and none of these are so fancy as a fancy shirt i bought for way less but whatever i guess the money is for a good cause to help watmm

so it's a bit like wearing some sort of a club cap, to show what you do... and are into.

i don't think i've ever heard of or seen any websites making t-shirts for its members before.

but i'm sure it happens. i'm just not a member at many websites...

i can understand fan websites, but this is just a forum, right? or rather, it's a fan forum...

for certain types of music... ?

but then i guess as you have the Gen Ban section, it makes it more of a social site/club. of sorts.

weird. no i wouldn't buy one. unless you could make up some Plaid tee's, or some original Aphex one's.

or some Square Pusher or Luke Vibert one's. :smile:

I don't understand how you can say/think this without being a fucking idiot asshole. this makes no sense at all and i don't understand how you think the world works. epic fail.

HAAH yea i can see that. i see the space invader thing too. it was a really quick rough in trying to modernize the current w but it sounds like JR is pretty set on that. i will focus my efforts on making a few cool shirts if it works out.

Archived