IGNORED

so has anyone besides joyrex attempted to complete the discography?

Guest yikes

Window Licker cassette? Does that even exist. Proof now!

I'm shocked at the amount of stuff I have that PhonicBoy doesn't. This is the collection I'm really proud of:

The Warp issue CD for ICBYD

Digeridoo R&S/Outer Rhythm UK 12" w/ the generic sticker sleeve

Cylob - Previously Unavailable on Compact Disc

yea yea yea LOL :tongue: I have some smaller and more easily available items i'll get such as the above mentioned. It's most of the non-rare stuff I'm just waiting to get and fill in the cracks over time. If some of them start to shoot up in price drastically for somre reason I'll jump on them fast, until then I'm taking my sweet time

also this thread is the first I've ever heard mention of the Windowlicker cassette, now I'm interested. seconded, Proof now!

OK, this is a case of me not looking carefully enough at the Flickr slideshow - there is no Windowlicker cassette - I thought the VHS in the centre of the montage was an AUDIO cassette, but upon proper inspection, it's much taller than the 5" CD, so there's no way it could be a cassette - sorry! :facepalm:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked at the amount of stuff I have that PhonicBoy doesn't. This is the collection I'm really proud of:

yea yea yea LOL :tongue: I have some smaller and more easily available items i'll get such as the above mentioned. It's most of the non-rare stuff I'm just waiting to get and fill in the cracks over time. If some of them start to shoot up in price drastically for somre reason I'll jump on them fast, until then I'm taking my sweet time

also this thread is the first I've ever heard mention of the Windowlicker cassette, now I'm interested. seconded, Proof now!

OK, this is a case of me not looking carefully enough at the Flickr slideshow - there is no Windowlicker cassette - I thought the VHS in the centre of the montage was an AUDIO cassette, but upon proper inspection, it's much taller than the 5" CD, so there's no way it could be a cassette - sorry! :facepalm:

You see Joy, this is how rumors get started, THIS is how RUMORS get STARTED!

That's got me thinking - did Come to Daddy ever come out on cassette? Was the RDJ Album the last cassette release?

So far, looks like that's the case. Guess cassettes had already gone out of favour by 1997.

That's got me thinking - did Come to Daddy ever come out on cassette? Was the RDJ Album the last cassette release?

So far, looks like that's the case. Guess cassettes had already gone out of favour by 1997.

Yeah but Come To Daddy was really a single and they didn't do commercial cassette singles. There's no On cassette or Donkey Rhubarb cassette either - just the albums...and no I don't count promos. Cassette singles vanished from the stores before regular cassettes as well.

This is the collection I'm really proud of:

Oh yes. I am also very proud that I own original Previously Unavailable On Compact Disc. This release is in my opinion really important mostly because it's the only CD release that contains all 4 tracks from Empathy Box Remixes. I am even tempted to say that the Empathy Box Remixes is the greatest IDM release ever, as it collects in my opinion the best (or at least among the best) of Aphex, AE, Mu-Ziq and Cylob. It is also of interest to note that the version of Triachus (Aphex Twin Mix) that appears on 26 Mixes For Cash is 4:12 long, while the versions that appear on Empathy Box Remixes and Previously Unavailable On Compact Disc are both 5:21 long.

my claim to fame is my worn out rdj album tape (with bonus forehead on the cover!). i listened to it so much some songs got half-erased! but that may actually be just my shitty early 00s walkman.

This is the collection I'm really proud of:

Oh yes. I am also very proud that I own original Previously Unavailable On Compact Disc. This release is in my opinion really important mostly because it's the only CD release that contains all 4 tracks from Empathy Box Remixes. I am even tempted to say that the Empathy Box Remixes is the greatest IDM release ever, as it collects in my opinion the best (or at least among the best) of Aphex, AE, Mu-Ziq and Cylob. It is also of interest to note that the version of Triachus (Aphex Twin Mix) that appears on 26 Mixes For Cash is 4:12 long, while the versions that appear on Empathy Box Remixes and Previously Unavailable On Compact Disc are both 5:21 long.

I'm with you on the greatness that is "Previously Unavailable...". Some great stuff, and even has decent cover art (for a Rephlex release)

Good, you had me all nervous about another rare ass format to obtain :wacko:

anyone done the utorrent way and left your machine running for 4 days for a discography that way,

I got everything from s.a.w to 26 mixes for cash and melodies from mars.ect

lol 4 days? it took me like 3 hours (and that was 5 years ago)

Archived