IGNORED

Dayvan Cowboy video

Guest fox

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just watched it for the first time and it's excellent. That report about it being of the bloke skydiving from the edge of space was correct, but that's just the first half. The second half is people surfing and stuff. It fits with the music really well.

Guest Moebius
Happy Easter/holiday/whatever everyone.

Appropriate that you should be the one to say that.

Shame I'm at work and can't view it yet.

Me too, but doesn't stop me from downloading all three formats :mcgriff:

Guest Skytree

Hmm...this was decent. Worth the download + preorder, but disappointing overall.

Just stock footage? Common guys.

im kinda let down now that i know that's what is coming in the mail right now.

i would have rather warp put together a collection of the videos people made here for BoC, they're better than this one.

Guest Skytree
i would have rather warp put together a collection of the videos people made here for BoC, they're better than this one.
I agree...many of the amateur fan videos I've seen were more enjoyable. I don't mean to be too critical though....this is their visual interpretation of their own music, and they're entitled to it. They wouldn't be releasing it unless they were really happy with it. So I give credit where it's due.

Personally, though, it doesn't do it for me. Not necessarily the lack of "psychadelia" as you pointed out. Just a lack of creativity overall. Given the source footage, I feel some of us here with any video editing experience could make something similar, if not significantly better.

Guest 1001 0

..why should there be "more" psychedelia, since in the song itself ..there isnt much of it.

its quite ok

:excl:

Guest crazymonk

Thought it was pretty good, but it's clearly not cutting-edge in any Gondry sort of way (not that I would expect it to be). The second half was certainly unexpected.

I think it'll look and sound great on a large screen TV with good sound.

As for the desire for more psychedelia from above, I don't think Dayvan Cowboy is the song for that. Here's hoping that we get to see more video from BoC.

The fact remains, this video is exceedingly BAD and not exciting to watch in any conventional sense. The video footage of the dude falling is almost so vague and disjointed that you don't have too much of an idea that he really could be falling from space. Then the surfing shit? Jesus, I thought I had seriously been had.

LIVE SPORT. GATORADE

i think it's great. why would you expect some fancy-edited super-produced Chris Cunningham video from BOC? i think their use of the stock footage to tell a story about falling from space to surf in the water is really nice. :} i saw it as being about how they edited the stock footage, slowing it, cutting it and stuff, really simply but to fit together in a nice cohesive way, much like the music on the album. no buffer override but a really smooth, chill, slightly alienating vibe.

encey

Guest Archrival

Man this doesnt come often from the dirty mouth of Archrival when it comes to BOC..but bloody hell, I even liked my Macuarie Ridge video better!!! :omg:

...seriously, this was lazy...I wanted more own footage...are BOC taking the piss?

hmm that was as exciting as a billabong-advertisement...

boring song, boring vid

i love the immense sky-dive footage (but i already saw an extended version of his dive) but this is just a lazily-made video..

Guest Archrival

just wait until you see my other TCH videos...they are even better than Slow This Bird Down and MR....

just wait until you see my other TCH videos...they are even better than Slow This Bird Down and MR....

I liked it - not what I was expecting, but still very nice and well-edited. Nothing wrong with using stock footage - after all, had it been laiden with NFBOC footage (and for all we know, the surfing stuff could have come from a NFBOC documentary), you lot would be furiously masterbating in front of your computers, hoping the boss/coworker doesn't hear you climax when the pan flute starts playing or the American Indian starts crying on the shore of a polluted lake.

on the contrary, this video gives the same effect to BoC fanboys. regardless that is plain, boring, and a letdown, there are going to be people who wioll love it no matter what, just because it is BoC.

Guest lands end road

major let down..... surfers and waves crashing in music videos has been done to death and is just cliche

Guest Archrival

Im sorry to say this, and its the first time I ever said this about BOC material, well its really Olsons fault tho (not the :boc: brothers) but this is a major dissapointment :unhappy:

Guest M83J01P97

Hyped up to shit, and then nothing more then a disappointment...

JUST LIKE TCH!!!! LOL!!!!

And what's with the cheesy LP/EP plug at the end?

Archived