IGNORED

Dayvan Cowboy video

Guest fox

also, i hate to burst your bubble archrival, but your video for macquarie ridge kind of sucked. you took someone else's footage and just dropped it in with the tune. the edits were not synced with the music the video told no story. it was just a bunch of random clips from the same movie strung together without purpose or skill.

so, i would pause before saying your video was better.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found it incredibly boring. Nothing about the video connected with me. The first 10 seconds were interesting... after that, it was like waiting in line at the bank. every 2 mins, you'd take 2 steps forward.

you guys are a bunch of turds. your posts can be summarized as thus:
  • total crap. the edit on fram 413,276 is the obvious work of an amateur. my films that nobody has seen are much better, trust me.

• lol. a space dude turns into a surfer? wtf? there's no way he would have had a surfboard in his backpack.

• hello? cliiche. surfing has been done. bring me the next pile of pooh to evaluate and register my disgust on the internet.
i don't think the video is mind blowing, but it is effective. take some time to think about the images before pounding furiously on your keyboard. a man, sheathed in a helmet and complex protective materials, takes a dive away from the safety of the aircraft and plunges into the wild expanse of nature. when he emerges, he is (nearly) naked and is part of nature, emersed in it, allowing himself to be hurled and tossed by the immense power and beauty that is the unpredictable, natural world.

is it earth shattering? no. but i think that's partly what the song and album are all about. that man's journey through and into the expanse of the vast natural world.

you are free to like or dislike the video. i don't care either way. but you guys look like shallow, ignorant jerks who lack the ability to think about something critically in this thread. you want instant gratification.

Glad to see that, sandwiched in between the requisite "LOL Alzado irritability and scoffing" you expressed your own feelings about the video. You big softie you.

Watching the video again one of the things that bugs me is the surfer dude has some sort of life-vest/harness on in the close-up shots. Seems too modern and breaks the retro feel.

Some of the shots are nice - the first shot of the sky when the music changes, the dolphin leaping, the shots from inside the wave - but I still would've preferred they use the Kittenger footage only.

Watching the video again one of the things that bugs me is the surfer dude has some sort of life-vest/harness on in the close-up shots. Seems too modern and breaks the retro feel.

yeah, feel the same but at the same time: those waves are huges (& could not have been surfed before, jetskis are needed to catch those big fat waves), & life vests are really needed ; maybe it comes from that one:

http://www.film-forward.com/riding.html

next time i'll go inside the tube, i bet i'll have that track in my head ;-)

Guest Archrival

lol! not to burst your bubble lol alzado but it sounds like you are describing Melissa Olsons and your own Dayvan Cowboy video ;) :ok:

Guest Archrival

"the music the video told no story" I bet you never loved, been loved or felt love in your whole life the way you act..I can only feel sorry for you :sad: you missed out on something, its one of the strongest feelings you can have.....Its sad that you are such a sorry person that you missed the whole point of my video.

Guest Assembler

Dudes are chilling at the beach while listening to Brian Eno's "Shadow'. Then trance-listening buddy with a Celica arrives. Then there's phenomena involving sea and moonlight. Everybody's smoking weed and stuff.

Guest Archrival
Dudes are chilling at the beach while listening to Brian Eno's "Shadow'. Then trance-listening buddy with a Celica arrives. Then there's phenomena involving sea and moonlight. Everybody's smoking weed and stuff.

that just made my day!!!!!! what a beautiful scenario!!! :laughing:

in the track dayvan cowboy when the round gold plates of the drums get tapped a few times i dont know what that part of the drums is called sorry :) but it really sounds like a seagul and when i saw the seagul in the video thats what i thought about...anyone else?

now that i've seen it i liked it. does anyone know where i can find the skydiver vid on it's own? i thought that was pretty awesome.

Dunno about the video on its own, but the BBC series 'The Planets' (available on DVD) had a lengthy piece on this with longer footage including preparation, take-off, and the actual landing (which was in the desert...) and some better shots from altitude. They also interviewed Kittinger himself. It was at the beginning of the 'Atmosphere' episode IIRC.

For anyone interested in this area, the whole history of high-altitude balloon exploration is covered brilliantly in this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/155750732...glance&n=283155

Compulsive reading, couldn't put it down.

Guest Richard McGriff
lol! not to burst your bubble lol alzado but it sounds like you are describing Melissa Olsons and your own Dayvan Cowboy video ;) :ok:

not to burst your bubble archirival, but you're a fucking douchebag.

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat

in the track dayvan cowboy when the round gold plates of the drums get tapped a few times i dont know what that part of the drums is called sorry :)

You mean "cymbals"?

...haha...just kidding, man.

They're actually called "round gold plates of the drums" by the elite drummer crowd. I refer to them as such regularly and with great enthusiasm. I recently bought a nice new Zildjian round gold plate of the drums.

LOL!!! Give him a chance! English is not his first language. :getlost:

We've got a bunch of ADD people here, everything has to be this incredible-zOMG-cut-up-psychadelic-freak-out with timelaps shots of burning trees and all or else they label a big fat "WORST THING EVER". I mean it has to surpass what they saw 5 minutes ago, it's a perpetual search for the impossible to reach nihilism perfection.

Spoiled brats.

It was a nice little DVD-accompagning video

Right on.

As if the beauty of nature isn't enough? This felt more like a short film than a promo. I thought it was really powerful, perfect for the music, and the exact opposite of the soulless micro-edited shite grasping for your attention on all the music channels.

Why don't you all send your youtube videos to BOC and ask if they want to commission you to do the next video? You can ALL do a better job can't you? But you probably won't.

We've got a bunch of ADD people here, everything has to be this incredible-zOMG-cut-up-psychadelic-freak-out with timelaps shots of burning trees and all or else they label a big fat "WORST THING EVER". I mean it has to surpass what they saw 5 minutes ago, it's a perpetual search for the impossible to reach nihilism perfection.

Spoiled brats.

It was a nice little DVD-accompagning video

Right on.

As if the beauty of nature isn't enough? This felt more like a short film than a promo. I thought it was really powerful, perfect for the music, and the exact opposite of the soulless micro-edited shite grasping for your attention on all the music channels.

Why don't you all send your youtube videos to BOC and ask if they want to commission you to do the next video? You can ALL do a better job can't you? But you probably won't.

I'm not asking for micro editing, ADD incredible-zOMG-cut-up-pyschadelic-freak-out time laps shots of burning trees... I just found this to be boring. Doesn't mean that I wanted it to be like the aforementioned... I just wasn't moved by this. Its not black and white... its kind of narrowed minded to assume that since some of us didnt find it interesting enough, its because we are all ADD gltich freak out obsessed etc. People have different tastes, and react differently to things.

Archived