IGNORED

Dayvan Cowboy video

Guest fox

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chromakey_dreamcoat
yeah i just can't figure out the random BoC subforum noobs, at all ... are they all 13 year-olds? is english their second, or perhaps third, language?

I'm 16 and english is my second language. Am I one of them? :ermm:

Guest cosmonaut
yeah i just can't figure out the random BoC subforum noobs, at all ... are they all 13 year-olds? is english their second, or perhaps third, language?

me either. look at this new breed of member the subforums have spawned.

I'm 16 and english is my second language. Am I one of them? :ermm:

yes

Guest Iain C

I've gotta agree... I hate to seem like I'm hating on noobs because I'm not, a year ago I was a noob as well, compared to some of the posters here I'm still a total noob. But the level of inanity here is really annoying when you're looking for decent discussion and info on one of your favourite bands. If these posters forgot BoC for 2 minutes, came over to GB and tried to participate a bit more in the community I don't think people would get so wound up, and maybe we wouldn't here so many people complaining about WATMM getting old or stale.

My two pence

Guest The Mekon

God, stop saying "noob" as if posting on a BoC forum is a skill to be learned. There are no "noobs", just twats.

it's not a n00b v. veteran debate. it's just the difference between people who can discuss music/artists like a reasonable adult and those who bring the discussion down by starting stupid topics about annoying subjects and make equally annoying comments in other people's decent topics (each sentence punctuated with excessive smilies).

you can be brand new to the board and still discuss boc reasonably.

Guest Archrival

:flower: I find it pretty scary that people can get so offended by smilies and positive speculation threads! Its almost funny how negative people can be! Guys, dont take take everything so sersious and enjoy life..negativity only hurt yourself in the long run. :ok:

So the TCH EP bleep samples coming in mid may, looking forward to that, im only going to check the track lengths I think....Beware! here comes a smilie!!! :flower:

it's not a n00b v. veteran debate. it's just the difference between people who can discuss music/artists like a reasonable adult and those who bring the discussion down by starting stupid topics about annoying subjects and make equally annoying comments in other people's decent topics (each sentence punctuated with excessive smilies).

well the definition of 'noob' isn't just a new poster necessarily, but more specifically a new poster who doesn't seem to get unspoken/basic stuff ... a certain glibness or naivete

I find it pretty scary that people can get so offended by smilies and positive speculation threads! Its almost funny how negative people can be! Guys, dont take take everything so sersious and enjoy life..negativity only hurt yourself in the long run.

So the TCH EP bleep samples coming in mid may, looking forward to that, im only going to check the track lengths I think....Beware! here comes a smilie!!!

it's not like that, man ... i wouldn't call this negativity, but more like a slightly annoyed bewilderment, at the sort of posts that are being made. we aren't opposed to positivity in general, i don't think, but inane/incoherent 'positivity' doesn't really qualify (like "OMG wow BoC :ok:, what colour is their hair??!?!?).

Guest Holy Crap

I loved it

I think it fit the song very well

my friend is a BOC fan now because of it

...wow I dont know why that posted 3 times

Guest cosmonaut

I've gotta agree... I hate to seem like I'm hating on noobs because I'm not, a year ago I was a noob as well, compared to some of the posters here I'm still a total noob. But the level of inanity here is really annoying when you're looking for decent discussion and info on one of your favourite bands. If these posters forgot BoC for 2 minutes, came over to GB and tried to participate a bit more in the community I don't think people would get so wound up, and maybe we wouldn't here so many people complaining about WATMM getting old or stale.

My two pence

yes, i agree.

yes, i agree.

:flower: I find it pretty scary that people can get so offended by smilies and positive speculation threads! Its almost funny how negative people can be! Guys, dont take take everything so sersious and enjoy life..negativity only hurt yourself in the long run. :ok:

So the TCH EP bleep samples coming in mid may, looking forward to that, im only going to check the track lengths I think....Beware! here comes a smilie!!! :flower:

hey man what's up?

Guest zaphod

i didn't know this existed, mainly because i never come to this subforum. i called my roommate in to watch it because he's a big fan of this song. we're watching it, liking the skydive footage, the vibe of it, and then he hits the water and my roommate goes "watch him start surfing or something" and i was like "it's not endless summer, man, he's not going to start surfing". and then he started surfing. fuck this shit.

i didn't know this existed, mainly because i never come to this subforum. i called my roommate in to watch it because he's a big fan of this song. we're watching it, liking the skydive footage, the vibe of it, and then he hits the water and my roommate goes "watch him start surfing or something" and i was like "it's not endless summer, man, he's not going to start surfing". and then he started surfing. fuck this shit.

i think that's the universal first reaction (i actually said "oh come on" when the surfboard came out), but give it a while ... after about the tenth viewing i really began to appreciate it more, and i certainly wasn't expecting/trying to

Skytree said there was no subtlety, no careful touch, nothing that said "Boards" outside of the backing track.

I disagree. Yeah it's a simple approach, but I wouldn't say it's lazy and it does work.

* The footage without the song = piss.

* The footage with the song = great.

Surely that says a lot.

Guest Archrival

* The footage without the track = good

* The footage with the track = better

* The track without the footage = stunning!

Surely that says a lot more about the track than it says about the video..

* The footage without the track = good

* The footage with the track = better

* The track without the footage = stunning!

Surely that says a lot more about the track than it says about the video..

i take it you're saying that the song suffers because of the footage. i would have to disagree. while it sounds like the video (for a lot of people) didn't add as much to the track as they might have hoped, i haven't gotten the impression that many people think the song is worse off because of it.

by the way, rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds unmeetable expectations, which leads to negativity. just something to consider.

Guest Archrival

"by the way, rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds unmeetable expectations, which leads to negativity" yes I agree :) when it comes to BOC videos it seem so :grin:...but rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds "meetable" expectations, which leads to positivity when it comes to BOCs music :grin:

I have sky high expectations on the TCH EP and im certain that I will be satisfied. It was almost scary how high expectations I had on TCH after almost 4 years of waiting (and after a classic like Geogaddi) but DAM did BOC live up to the hype, now like I said 1000 times before is TCH my fav BOC album.

Guest Yggdrasil
"by the way, rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds unmeetable expectations, which leads to negativity" yes I agree :) when it comes to BOC videos it seem so :grin:...but rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds "meetable" expectations, which leads to positivity when it comes to BOCs music :grin:

I have sky high expectations on the TCH EP and im certain that I will be satisfied. It was almost scary how high expectations I had on TCH after almost 4 years of waiting (and after a classic like Geogaddi) but DAM did BOC live up to the hype, now like I said 1000 times before is TCH my fav BOC album.

You can use the "quote" button, you know.

Guest -Ad-

1 viewing. Didn't like it.

I'll give it some time and then reassess though. BoC often takes a while to show it's best colours.

Also, it seems really obvious to me that the cheesiness/surfing aspect is entirely on purpose. The subtlety of it seems to have been lost on quite a few people I think.

Edit: I just watched it again. I like it more than the 1st time through already. Completely depends on your perspective - let yourself be immersed in it and it is infintely more credible than if you watch it looking for editing mistakes and poor timing.

Archived