IGNORED

Dayvan Cowboy video

Guest fox

Guest fox

"by the way, rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds unmeetable expectations, which leads to negativity" yes I agree :) when it comes to BOC videos it seem so :grin:...but rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds "meetable" expectations, which leads to positivity when it comes to BOCs music :grin:

I have sky high expectations on the TCH EP and im certain that I will be satisfied. It was almost scary how high expectations I had on TCH after almost 4 years of waiting (and after a classic like Geogaddi) but DAM did BOC live up to the hype, now like I said 1000 times before is TCH my fav BOC album.

You can use the "quote" button, you know.

zing

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Archrival

"by the way, rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds unmeetable expectations, which leads to negativity" yes I agree :) when it comes to BOC videos it seem so :grin:...but rampant, unrestrained speculation breeds "meetable" expectations, which leads to positivity when it comes to BOCs music :grin:

I have sky high expectations on the TCH EP and im certain that I will be satisfied. It was almost scary how high expectations I had on TCH after almost 4 years of waiting (and after a classic like Geogaddi) but DAM did BOC live up to the hype, now like I said 1000 times before is TCH my fav BOC album.

You can use the "quote" button, you know.

zing

columbus!

Guest fox

columbus!

columbus?

"columbus" = "eureka"?

??

?

i am doing my best to translate.

Phew! That had me quite puzzled. (Which I believe translates to "Cortes! Amerigo Vespucci." - this is correct, no?)

Guest fox
Columbus!!! You guys are impressing! I wont give you any more hints.

Slow down, we need to figure this out. It appears that you mean to say: "Columbus!!!" that part is pretty clear, but then i think you intended "Yuri Gagarin! I Robert Falcon Scott hints."

Is that impressing?

it wasn't really a video was it .. couple of file footage things jobbed togeather ... sorta expected more ... and that is rather the understatement

It was waiting for him in the ocean :grin:

ie must sae thoe that .. the Captain Kittinger freefall and parachute jump from 31 000 metres was pretty fucking amazing .. besides the gaeness of the video .. the man freefell for 4 minutes 36 seconds and " and the first person to exceed the speed of sound without an aircraft or space vehicle (714 mph during free fall)" ... wtf !!

JOEKITTINGERJUMP.JPG

i can't find whether he blacked out or not .. cause thats what peeps tend to do ... from looking up freefalls like this guy

"Lieutenant I. M. Chisov of the former Soviet Union was flying his Ilyushin 4 on a bitter cold day in January 1942, when it was attacked by 12 German Messerschmitts. Convinced that he had no chance of surviving if he staged with his badly battered plane, Chisov bailed out at 21,980 feet. With the fighters still buzzing around, Chisov cleverly decided to fall freely out of the arena. It was his plan not to open his chute until he was down to only 1000 ft above the ground. Unfortunately, he lost consciousness en route. As luck would have it, he crashed at the edge of a steep ravine covered with 3 ft of snow. Hitting at about 120 mi/h, he plowed along its slope until he came to rest at the bottom. Chisov awoke 20 min later, bruised and sore, but miraclously he had suffered only a concussion of the spine and a fractured pelvis. Three and one-half months later he was back at work as a flight instructor."

heh !!

"Lieutenant I. M. Chisov of the former Soviet Union was flying his Ilyushin 4 on a bitter cold day in January 1942, when it was attacked by 12 German Messerschmitts. Convinced that he had no chance of surviving if he staged with his badly battered plane, Chisov bailed out at 21,980 feet. With the fighters still buzzing around, Chisov cleverly decided to fall freely out of the arena. It was his plan not to open his chute until he was down to only 1000 ft above the ground. Unfortunately, he lost consciousness en route. As luck would have it, he crashed at the edge of a steep ravine covered with 3 ft of snow. Hitting at about 120 mi/h, he plowed along its slope until he came to rest at the bottom. Chisov awoke 20 min later, bruised and sore, but miraclously he had suffered only a concussion of the spine and a fractured pelvis. Three and one-half months later he was back at work as a flight instructor."

Woah, that's crazy!!!

wait, i thought he landed in the sea and went surfing after halucinating that he was descending through the seven rings of hell.

i guess the camera does lie after all.

Guest Yggdrasil

Woah, that's crazy!!!

i love stories like this.

that's really all i have to say.

The cameraman who filmed him went higher than him! :rolleyes:

yair yair .... i was wondering hao they recovered the baloon and camera though .. did they detonate it remotely ... ?? .. or what

+ if you liked that freefall quote .. here's a couple more from the same site ..

Flight Sergeant Nicholas Steven Alkemade was on a bombing mission over Germany on 23 March 1944 when his Lancaster bomber flying at 18,000 feet was blazed apart and in flames when he was forced to jump, without a parachute or be burn to death. He dove out of his destroyed aircraft hoping on a quick death. His speed accelerated to over 120 miles per hour and he impacted on a snow covered sloping forest. He was completely uninjured and later captured by the Germans who refused to believe his story. (www.urbanlegends.com/death)

3. The longest survivable fall, 26 January 1972, was Vesna Vulovic a stewardess in a DC-9 which blew up at 33,330 feet. She was in the tail section of the aircraft and though injured survived the fall.

Guest Yggdrasil
He dove out of his destroyed aircraft hoping on a quick death. His speed accelerated to over 120 miles per hour and he impacted on a snow covered sloping forest.

how would there be any record of their terminal velocity? i suppose they could calculate it using the pilot's weight and drag coefficient....still, it just seems a little sketchy.

thanks for the link though, delet. :)

also, as far as i understand, the footage in the video was taken by a remote camera, not by another skydiver.

Guest fox

He dove out of his destroyed aircraft hoping on a quick death. His speed accelerated to over 120 miles per hour and he impacted on a snow covered sloping forest.

how would there be any record of their terminal velocity? i suppose they could calculate it using the pilot's weight and drag coefficient....still, it just seems a little sketchy.

thanks for the link though, delet. :)

also, as far as i understand, the footage in the video was taken by a remote camera, not by another skydiver.

yeah the 120 mph struck me as a bit high but i'm no physicist so whatever . . . mythbusters did a deal recently on the above mentioned stewardess. the only reason they labeled it 'plausible' was because of the stewardess' original story, everything they found was that you'd end up in many little bits all over the place.

yeah .. well one of the things off that site credited some urban legends site as it's source .. so one has to take these things with a grain of salt in a dry mouth ... but it leads to idle speculation and messageboard meandering so i thought it would be relevant ...

+ ... i'm still in awe of that guy that jumped in the video ... not trying to take away from that ... it's just incredible that someone would want to do that and then pull it off .. and his view if he really had the chance to appreciate it .. in between hoping to heaven that he'd survive and trying to recall what he was trained to do in the comming minuits ...

would have been wao !!

i'm guessing kittinger survived it etc because of the suit that he was wearing, which was basically a space suit; that would protect you against the cold, and also against blacking out, i'd assume.

yeah it would be pressurized .. also protect you against lack of oxygen .. you can see he survived in that jpg i posted he looks pretty stoked about it all ;-]

Guest An urban black kid

Yeah Im envious of that guy! I mean, what an experience to have. I think Im gonna buy that freefalling book that was linked pages back. There is also another one called Magnificent Failure thats supposed to be pretty decent. Oy, which to get?

Guest Archrival

I take back the negative rant I made about the dayvan cowboy video!!!! The video is nothing but AMAZING and im dead serious!!!!!!! :omg:

Enough said.

I take back the negative rant I made about the dayvan cowboy video!!!! The video is nothing but AMAZING and im dead serious!!!!!!! :omg:

Enough said.

:mellow:

Archived