IGNORED

Dayvan Cowboy video

Guest fox

Guest The Mekon

Useless, annoying, ignorant, over-confident people spread their damned mouthspew all over the place and pollute the human race with their undesirable genes. If the nagging voice of doubt and reason wasn't around to remind these people of their mediocrity they would be entirely unstoppable and contribute further to the general wrongness of space-planet Earth.

People like Skytree are far more insulting and impolite, in my view. At least I'm honest.

As for productivity, I'm afraid that I don't respect many of you enough to devote anything but negative output towards you.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest taxman

mekon, nobody listenes if they're pissed off... so really, by being "honest" in your way, you acomplish nothing. if you don't help fix the problem (simply through destructive criticism you are not helping the problem), you're just another asshole who really makes no difference to anyone. basicly you are coming off as useless, annoying, and ignorant.

Guest BunnyRabbit
So what about that video eh?

I love it. I think it's beatiful and summery and I look forward to voting for it on The Box :-).

It's simple and I think that fits in BOC's style perfectly.

Someone said it would work as a projection but doesn't cut it as a video - I disagree. It would make a good projection and is redolent of the stuff I saw them showing live but I still think it'll work sat inbetween stuff on the NME chart on MTV2.

Stock footage seems the right decision for me as I always thought new stuff would jar with the whole feel.

here's the point about the video: you guys are too close to these obsessive boc discussions to see how silly many of you look.

take a step back and look at your comments. people are complaining about the edits, people are complaining about choice of imagery, people are debating whether it was best to use stock footage or original footage. some of you even have the gall to say that your own, amateur shit videos are far superior. i mean, what the hell? this is just like when the TCH cover was released, many of you faulted them for their choice of font. THEIR CHOICE OF FUCKING FONT!

you either liked it or you didn't. that's fine. you're allowed. but this know-it-all amateur critic stuff is ridiculous. the lion's share of you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. i'm sorry if that makes me an asshole who doesn't contribute. but if being a dumb-fuck teenager with the sense of superiority only the internet can engender makes you a valuable forum member, then i'll gladly pass.

here's the point about the video: you guys are too close to these obsessive boc discussions to see how silly many of you look.

take a step back and look at your comments. people are complaining about the edits, people are complaining about choice of imagery, people are debating whether it was best to use stock footage or original footage. some of you even have the gall to say that your own, amateur shit videos are far superior. i mean, what the hell? this is just like when the TCH cover was released, many of you faulted them for their choice of font. THEIR CHOICE OF FUCKING FONT!

you either liked it or you didn't. that's fine. you're allowed. but this know-it-all amateur critic stuff is ridiculous. the lion's share of you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. i'm sorry if that makes me an asshole who doesn't contribute. but if being a dumb-fuck teenager with the sense of superiority only the internet can engender makes you a valuable forum member, then i'll gladly pass.

Amen.

Serenity now!

Mate this is a BoC fan forum, it's expected that people are going to analyse everything about them and possibly not like it. It's not worth getting too pissed off about it.

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat

Stop with your american mind! "Americans are the best, we have the best weaponry in the world!!!" :rhubear1:

Stop with your american mind! "Americans are the best, we have the best weaponry in the world!!!" :rhubear1:

huh?

but if being a dumb-fuck teenager with the sense of superiority only the internet can engender makes you a valuable forum member

It took me a moment to realize you weren't talking about yourself.

I have no idea why all this negativity is cropping up on the BoC forum, of all places. Autechre maybe, but BoC - aren't we all supposed to be borderline hippies?

Guest Archrival

"It took me a moment to realize you weren't talking about yourself." He is obviously talking about himself.

"I have no idea why all this negativity is cropping up on the BoC forum, of all places. Autechre maybe, but BoC - aren't we all supposed to be borderline hippies?" Yeah! Thats exactly what im thinking about! Why all this negativity? :( You should spread love not war!!!

Guest twiddler

I personally liked the video a lot, even just because I'd never heard of Joseph Kittinger before that. BoC is still educational, at least for me.

Guest Archrival

yeah definitly :)

I had sky high excpectations after Geogaddi on the TCH album...and I wasnt let down at all..its actually my alltime favourite BOC release.

I think the TCH EP will be great! Skyliner is really excellent!

if someone's critiquing in an arrogant way, that's one thing.

but what the album is, is music and packaging. so if you're talking about whether you like the album or not, of course you're going to talk about the pictures, the font, the effects, the melodies, and i think this extends to cinematographic elements when you're talking about a music video. some people might just throw around terms when they don't really know much about the subject, but the only way to get into a substantive discussion that's more interesting than 'i liked it' vs. 'i didn't' is to talk about such things. eh?

I also think TCH is great. I just noticed a couple of days ago that I was finally tired of listening to it. This is after having it in my car stereo since it's release, basically non stop. Every day to and from work. After all those months, I really grew to appreciate it. It may not be my favorite BoC release, but - as I seem to recall one reviewer grudgingly admitting- it does create its own little world, like all previous BoC releases.

but what the album is, is music and packaging. so if you're talking about whether you like the album or not, of course you're going to talk about the pictures, the font, the effects, the melodies, and i think this extends to cinematographic elements when you're talking about a music video. some people might just throw around terms when they don't really know much about the subject, but the only way to get into a substantive discussion that's more interesting than 'i liked it' vs. 'i didn't' is to talk about such things. eh?

aye, fair enough. but there's a difference between substantive discussion and a million comic book guys rushing to the internet after watching the thing one time, clamouring to be the first to declare "worst episode ever." there's an air of superiority that is so persistent on the internet. everyone's an expert. and people somehow feel validated by declaring everyting to be complete shit. most of the time, it's their opinions that are complete shit.

i think it's brilliant

sure it's out of sync in a few bits but some great timing bits that come to mind: when the dude jumps from the balloon/ shuttle whatever it is and begins his descent and when the surfer does like a flip in slo motion totally matches up perfectly with the music

keep in mind this is somewhat amateur film production... it's not flashy ... it's not totally in sync but the message, the message i feel , of the music and the video, it totally werks,

it's like , man free falls from space , catches a wave and masters the wave (nature)... really intense ( i know a somewhat similar view has been written but i really agree with it_)

i do wish it looked a bit more polished but remember this isn't a video for fucking mtv .....it's not meant to wow people with it's sheek production... just like how a shitty 70's video camera isn't going to wow...if it does get some play i will be proud

who cares if it's stock footage ... the ideas work really well and would work just as well if it wasn't

i think it's great because just like the album, this video has totally changed my view ... more like altered my view, of what BoC are all about.

i give it an A,,,,, the a + will come in time. let's all hope boards' decide to release more music videos. :boc:

Guest Archrival

"i do wish it looked a bit more polished but remember this isn't a video for fucking mtv ....."

hehe well check out www.mtv.co.uk and you will be surprised ;)

BOC on the headlines about the new vid on mtv :grin:

Guest cosmonaut

i can't believe more people have not brought you up on this ridiculous statement. what the fuck does that have to do with anything in this thread?

archrival, you're still a fucking douchebag. your video is fucking lame, you contribute nothing here. you post idiotic hypotheses about shite like track time predictions for the new release. no one really likes you. and apparently you're ugly.

Archived