IGNORED

ROT13

Audioblysk

^^^ meh, if anything it should say something about the dudes good taste and pretty impressive production skills... He's even got that chicky choppy breakbeat section and a few reverbed pianos, tussy hints in some of the parts of the tracks. It does sound like analord, but so does alot of music I listen to for the most part, it doesn't bother me, if anything it makes me smile some people want to take that style and do it themselves.

I dig it, want moar personally, I feel like this dude has to have some quality material.

oh, and--- fuck you all. Pfffff-- you weren't pilling out to early 90's electronic in dark warehouses, so you have no idea what it means to listen to real music and have tasted the sweet and salty perspiration of so many IDM acts balls for the better of a decade or two until they stopped giving a fuck about releasing or just turned to complete shit, you have yet to know its refined pleasures. :emotawesomepm9:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably should have mentioned that I thought the analord series was okay, but the instrumentation involved in both AFX's analord series, as well as this ROT13 always come off a bit flat for me.

It's almost as if it's nostalgic, and I have no connection to that nostalgia.

Or, technically-speaking, the base materials to produce any of that music isn't wildly interesting for me. I feel like you might need a degree of 80's roland fetishism to fall head over heels for either.

Again, just my two cents.

his soundcloud tracks are pretty cool, couple acid bangers and a very analogue bubblebath 4-esque track

He has got a good pair o ears, thats fsho... You'd figure with that big of an Afhenx Twink boner, he'd be in the circle-jerk known as WATMM stroking endlessly until his next release...

Track 4 is pretty cool, probably my fav of the bunch... Weird vocodery thingy in there which I like.

Honestly, does sound more than a little like an analord homage, or mockery even.. V similar bass lines and even the overal timbre of sounds used. Not that I'm not enjoying though, fun music is fun!

My vote? I reckon Skillex,

Track 4 is pretty cool, probably my fav of the bunch... Weird vocodery thingy in there which I like.

Honestly, does sound more than a little like an analord homage, or mockery even.. V similar bass lines and even the overal timbre of sounds used. Not that I'm not enjoying though, fun music is fun!

.... I thought you were ROT13? I know it's a WATMM member, and for some reason I thought it was you who did this and noisy neighbor sound design. I must be mixing up my avatar-less members... *confused*

this thread is filled with 90% of people I do not know. Thus leading me to believe that this thread is some sort of spamming device covertly posing as non spam. Thanks for your time.

this thread is filled with 90% of people I do not know.

How is that possible? more than half of the posters are regulars with 1000+ posts.

how is everyone ok with the first two tracks as deadringers for analord tracks? i don't understand this place anymore.

Similar, milder version of the condition of those who're eagerly awaiting the opportunity to throw money at a Rephlex release made from Go Plastic.

how is everyone ok with the first two tracks as deadringers for analord tracks? i don't understand this place anymore.

Similar, milder version of the condition of those who're eagerly awaiting the opportunity to throw money at a Rephlex release made from Go Plastic.

is it possible that our ears are just fucked and we do not have good taste in music?

is it possible that our ears are just fucked and we do not have good taste in music?

I think it depends on the context. If this was a “real” release then obviously it's laughably imitative. But as an “homage” (sorry these words suck, I mean basically as a tribute / something interesting and cool done for fun) it's not a bad thing.

It still does make me a little sick to think of someone being so calculating about imitating analord / Tuss, but different strokes for different folks.

I think it depends on the context. If this was a “real” release then obviously it's laughably imitative. But as an “homage” (sorry these words suck, I mean basically as a tribute / something interesting and cool done for fun) it's not a bad thing.

It still does make me a little sick to think of someone being so calculating about imitating analord / Tuss, but different strokes for different folks.

all I meant was that. maybe sometimes it's better to kinda gloss over the little things. personally it's felt like the last couple years, IDM (ugh) stuff has been a bit thin on the ground. There's not been loads about that has really peaked my interest at least. With AFX more or less retired, and Pusher persuing different avenues, 2 of my favourite producers aren't releasing any more of the music they made which I enjoyed so much.

so really, so what if people are going off and imitating the style a bit, or even a lot? Of course it doesn't have the originality of the original, but it ticks some of the boxes for me. Enough that I enjoy listening to it. I can honestly understand if the mimicry irritates you so much that you cannot get any enjoyment out of it, but for me at least I'd just shrug it off and enjoy listening to some fun, analogy, synthy music. it's not like I'm paying for it, or being force fed it. and the result is there is more music in the world that I enjoy.

@Ascdi, my money is on Pro WATMM bating.

sorry, but this song completely invalidates your argument

[youtubehd]y9gASGEHkww[/youtubehd]

note: similar instruments, brand new and fucking amazing song that doesnt sound remotely close to anything afx has ever done.

yeah that's one of the top tracks of the last 5 years easy peasy.

YEAH

I mean, i like the style, but ripping off passages like that.... well, I wouldn't do it.

.... I thought you were ROT13? I know it's a WATMM member, and for some reason I thought it was you who did this and noisy neighbor sound design. I must be mixing up my avatar-less members... *confused*

LOL

Dave: 1 ganus: 0

This EP tastes like Dan Doormouse's balls. I would recommend it to my grandmother provided she signs a contract agreeing not to complain about the lack of wobble bass.The upcoming 12" will be pressed using exclusive 100% pure Richard D. James scat for an authentic 180 smellogram experience. For those not in the know, fuck em', for those who know that they're not in the know and might decide to take a chance to be in the know should forget to remember knowing is over exaggerated and go back to sampling samples of people recording samples for the next Beatport Greatest Hits 8-track.

sorry, im probably gonna make a good bit of enemies here, but im calling a fucking spade a spade. this is the same fucking forum that constantly shits all over FLAHBULB and Tycho for BLATANTLY RIPPING OFF APEX AND BOC OMG HOW DO YOU NOT NOTICE. FInd a fucking song by Tycho that directly rips off a line from a BoC track.. Here you have two tracks, albeit well produced, put literally SIDE BY SIDE with analord tracks that use the exact. same. fucking. melodies.

sure hes a good producer and has talent, whoever he is, but there are literally hundreds of other artists that while less produced, have far more to say in terms of uniqueness or a willingness to go out there and do something different. im calling you the fuck out on your hypocritical bullshit. if you like this, lighten the fuck up on other artists that arent nearly as blatant.

or shit, maybe while we are at it, lets give props to Vanilla Ice for making a well produced track

[youtubehd]KoArTZNA5F8[/youtubehd]

ps i like that last track on the ep.

Archived