IGNORED

i'm stupid - bt have been taking my money since jan 07

keltoi

i just noticed from my bank statement bt have been taking £16.33 from my account for over 5 years amounting to nearly £1000! i only ever skim/check for large unknown withdrawals and somehow managed to miss this. what a dick. i'm going to check the hell out of my statement from now on. anyway i changed to virgin in january 07 so don't know why bt are taking my money. i'm such a tool for never noticing this before.

so i've been on to 3 different departments who all want account info i don't have before they will talk to me... i've just lost my temper with some bt dick who was far from helpful. it seems they have enough info to take my fucking money but not enough to stop the direct debit or give me my fucking money back! hopefully i'll have more luck with my bank who are lodging an indemnity claim. give me my money with interest you fuckers!!!

moral of the story - check your statements guys!

related question - do you check your statements? or just glance at them and throw them in a drawer like me?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

This thread should now proceed with examples of '1000 pounds equals x number of y', so that you can feel even worse

:emotawesomepm9:

Yes I check my bank account regularly, and every direct debit is accounted for. Good luck trying to claw it back!

If I had £1000 pounds I would have one hell of a long weekend in Ibiza....

Guest sirch

get a blog or something..! ;)

also, you didn't noticed this? in 5 years !! ?? wtf, man... yeah that's pretty effin stoopid!

bt broadband dept says it wasn't them. phone dept says it wasn't them. dial-up dept says it might be them but i need account info to start discussions with them. dial up? this must go back even further than 07. i can't speak to any more of these "help centre" guys any more today i want to hunt them down to calcutta and kill them all.

and yes, if i get the money back it'll be a nice little saving that i didn't even notice. i'm not counting on it though.

i ate in michelin starred "the kitchin" on saturday and had the meal of my life so far. we perused the menu with a refreshing glass of gavi di gavi from italy at £12 a glass. i had cru d'etat with parmesan crisps and a blue dunsyre dip followed by a little cold amouse bouche of pea, mint and crunchy bacon... starter was shellfish bisque with crab, baby squid and winkles... for main i had locally reared beef with fois gras and a potato shaped like a cup with this amazing jus stuff in it and wilted spinach... as a little palette cleanser i had blood orange sorbet followed by dessert of lemon souffle with a rubarb sorbet to finish. we went all out and got the special set wine selection where the sommelier selects a wine to go with every specific dish you choose. then we had individual hand made chocolates with our coffee and a delicious port to top it all off. absolutely incredible dining experience from start to finish and it wasn't at all stuffy like we were expecting.

*belch*

LOL

There's no stopping now...

World's most shopped member: Stevie G

heh seems to be the trendy thing to do these days. I'm getting a kick out of it for sure lol these are awesome

Guest sirch

i ate in michelin starred "the kitchin" on saturday and had the meal of my life so far. we perused the menu with a refreshing glass of gavi di gavi from italy at £12 a glass. i had cru d'etat with parmesan crisps and a blue dunsyre dip followed by a little cold amouse bouche of pea, mint and crunchy bacon... starter was shellfish bisque with crab, baby squid and winkles... for main i had locally reared beef with fois gras and a potato shaped like a cup with this amazing jus stuff in it and wilted spinach... as a little palette cleanser i had blood orange sorbet followed by dessert of lemon souffle with a rubarb sorbet to finish. we went all out and got the special set wine selection where the sommelier selects a wine to go with every specific dish you choose. then we had individual hand made chocolates with our coffee and a delicious port to top it all off. absolutely incredible dining experience from start to finish and it wasn't at all stuffy like we were expecting.

*belch*

i said get a blog, not write another one. haha

anyway, good luck getting your money back. (- dude, 5 years. wow! i thought i was stoopid! lol ;P )

Guest futuregirlfriend

LOL

There's no stopping now...

World's most shopped member: Stevie G

heh seems to be the trendy thing to do these days. I'm getting a kick out of it for sure lol these are awesome

lol

I'm surprised theres not a "shops of stevieg" thread by now.

I'm going to hawaii for a couple weeks this month, I'll make sure I get some good photos for you Keltoi

What were the fees for? Did you agree to those fees, or when the terms of your agreement with them changed you agreed to them?

That might be the basis for you getting that money back, if you were not notified of the changes.

What were the fees for? Did you agree to those fees, or when the terms of your agreement with them changed you agreed to them?

That might be the basis for you getting that money back, if you were not notified of the changes.

I think he stopped using that company completely, terminated his agreement, and they're still charging him. That's what I understand anyway, could be wrong.

Ha, a few months I had the same stupid issue, only this was more my own fault. In early 07 my iPhone crashed and as I was about to travel for a long period, I bought a fairly cheap mp3-player and said yes to extra warranty costs. The mp3player sucked, only used it that trip and after that threw it away or whatever. Since that month I've been paying 4 euros every month (nothing compared to keltois story, mine amounting to about 250 euros) for a product I didn't even own anymore.

I did see the statement a few times, first I thought it was the warranty for a new iPod I bought, but when that one crashed too last month I found out it wasn't :cerious:

I got them to stop it but couldn't get anything back.

edit: I just realized I should've asked for a new mp3-player because it had warranty for being stolen, d'oh

Archived