IGNORED

i'm stupid - bt have been taking my money since jan 07

keltoi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chunky

citizen's advice bureau are your friends dude

they can help you write a legalistic jargon letter that will make BT regret the day they screwed with Mr Keltoi P Jones

What were the fees for? Did you agree to those fees, or when the terms of your agreement with them changed you agreed to them?

That might be the basis for you getting that money back, if you were not notified of the changes.

I think he stopped using that company completely, terminated his agreement, and they're still charging him. That's what I understand anyway, could be wrong.

pretty much. changed to virgin and was assured bt and virgin take care of the transfer (keeping old phone number) and cancelling direct debit, etc. the latter detail was obviously overlooked. thing is i've never been sent a bill for this bt withdrawal, otherwise i would have noticed easily without checking my statements. i could do with £1000 right now, fingers crossed i get this back!

they can help you write a legalistic jargon letter that will make BT regret the day they screwed with Mr Keltoi P Jones

hadn't considered this. cheers chunky!

Guest sirch

hadn't considered this. cheers chunky!

yeah, do that. write them a really long big-worded letter/email. threaten to take legal action. they will refund you quicker than you can say "deep fried mars bars", rather than have to deal with any legal hassles!

bt broadband dept says it wasn't them. phone dept says it wasn't them. dial-up dept says it might be them but i need account info to start discussions with them. dial up? this must go back even further than 07. i can't speak to any more of these "help centre" guys any more today i want to hunt them down to calcutta and kill them all.

*edit: and yes, if i get the money back it'll be a nice little saving that i didn't even notice. i'm not counting on it though.

get a blog or something..! ;)

i ate in michelin starred "the kitchin" on saturday and had the meal of my life so far. we perused the menu with a refreshing glass of gavi di gavi from italy at £12 a glass. i had cru d'etat with parmesan crisps and a blue dunsyre dip followed by a little cold amouse bouche of pea, mint and crunchy bacon... starter was shellfish bisque with crab, baby squid and winkles... for main i had locally reared beef with fois gras and a potato shaped like a cup with this amazing jus stuff in it and wilted spinach... as a little palette cleanser i had blood orange sorbet followed by dessert of lemon souffle with a rubarb sorbet to finish. we went all out and got the special set wine selection where the sommelier selects a wine to go with every specific dish you choose. then we had individual hand made chocolates with our coffee and a delicious port to top it all off. absolutely incredible dining experience from start to finish and it wasn't at all stuffy like we were expecting.

*belch*

don't go mad, you dunno if you'll get the money yet

*oh

• 3 weeks later...

I used to work in a call center that dealt with shit like this all the time. The company were amoral scum dicks who would take any ones money if they had half a chance. So, when people would call in extremely infuriated (rightly so), and mention either the Better Business Bureau or a lawyer, we would immediately refund their cash. Thing is, some people would never say those magic words and would walk away having to eat the massive charges laid down, as it was my job to not budge until they sad open sesame. I didn't last very long there. Worst job ever.

bt broadband dept says it wasn't them. phone dept says it wasn't them. dial-up dept says it might be them but i need account info to start discussions with them. dial up? this must go back even further than 07. i can't speak to any more of these "help centre" guys any more today i want to hunt them down to calcutta and kill them all.

and yes, if i get the money back it'll be a nice little saving that i didn't even notice. i'm not counting on it though.

i ate in michelin starred "the kitchin" on saturday and had the meal of my life so far. we perused the menu with a refreshing glass of gavi di gavi from italy at £12 a glass. i had cru d'etat with parmesan crisps and a blue dunsyre dip followed by a little cold amouse bouche of pea, mint and crunchy bacon... starter was shellfish bisque with crab, baby squid and winkles... for main i had locally reared beef with fois gras and a potato shaped like a cup with this amazing jus stuff in it and wilted spinach... as a little palette cleanser i had blood orange sorbet followed by dessert of lemon souffle with a rubarb sorbet to finish. we went all out and got the special set wine selection where the sommelier selects a wine to go with every specific dish you choose. then we had individual hand made chocolates with our coffee and a delicious port to top it all off. absolutely incredible dining experience from start to finish and it wasn't at all stuffy like we were expecting.

*belch*

my flat mate has just scored a spot as a chef in the kitchin and is moving over there soon, big promotion for him to go somewhere michelin starred

and yes, if i get the money back it'll be a nice little saving that i didn't even notice. i'm not counting on it though.

*belch*

my flat mate has just scored a spot as a chef in the kitchin and is moving over there soon, big promotion for him to go somewhere michelin starred

result for him. great place. no idea what tom kitchin's like to work for... he comes across as a bit of a cunt but then i think you have to be in head-cheffing.

*belch*

result for him. great place. no idea what tom kitchin's like to work for... he comes across as a bit of a cunt but then i think you have to be in head-cheffing.

yeah apparently its an absolute nightmare working in a kitchen with expectations as high a michelin star, but if he works there for two years his cv as a chef is boosted dramatically,and it enables him to go on to hopefully running his own restaurant as a head chef much more easily.

the life of a chef seems utterly soul destroying to me, his hours are insane, and relentless, but he seems to enjoy it. he made a butter chicken with wine braised broccoli and some kind of hop beans before we went out tonight, it was delicious. so rich though.

Archived