IGNORED

xtal

Ragnar

Guest Akiak

Neat!

where's Tha?

"Tha" comes from SamanTha, former girlfriend and photographer for early releases (Quoth, Surfing on Sine Waves, etc.)

That photograph on sosw is super lush.

Neat!

where's Tha?

"Tha" comes from SamanTha, former girlfriend and photographer for early releases (Quoth, Surfing on Sine Waves, etc.)

She was with Tom Middleton before to be with Richard... a rumour tells that Richard D. James is supposed to have stolen from his ex-partner Tom Middleton...

:trollface:

Neat!

where's Tha?

She was with Tom Middleton before to be with Richard... a rumour tells that Richard D. James is supposed to have stolen from his ex-partner Tom Middleton...

Well, that's a bit personal and all water under the bridge by this time...

Guest Akiak

Neat!

where's Tha?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest decon

Neat!

where's Tha?

:trashbear:

• 2 weeks later...

Had that for the last 14 years, wish it was 24 years, but I'm too young I guess?

This thread is now aware that SAW 85-92 came out 22 years ago and was recorded as long as nearly 30 years ago.

Had that for the last 14 years, wish it was 24 years, but I'm too young I guess?

This thread is now aware that SAW 85-92 came out 22 years ago and was recorded as long as nearly 30 years ago.
You're right, miscalculated, wonder how old he was when he made it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the tracks probably do date from as far back as 1985

i could totally see a few tracks on SAW85 being produced that far back. only thing that makes me hesitate is that there's stuff on his other albums that sounds way rougher than anything on either SAW in terms of production values

i could totally see a few tracks on SAW85 being produced that far back. only thing that makes me hesitate is that there's stuff on his other albums that sounds way rougher than anything on either SAW in terms of production values

Maybe because Apollo did a particularly mint job with the mastering of SAW - especially considering some of it originated on cassette.

That Heterotic cover of Xtal is lovely.

There could be a million reasons for that - different setup, location, personal circumstances, etc.

Perhaps the "spilling orange juice on the masters" is closer to reality than we thought...!

• 2 weeks later...

There could be a million reasons for that - different setup, location, personal circumstances, etc.

Perhaps the "spilling orange juice on the masters" is closer to reality than we thought...!

I thought the cat got hold of the master cassette?

I thought the cat got hold of the master cassette?

So the story goes. The OJ spillage was Polygon Window-related, supposedly, though frankly a lot of that material was recorded around the same time if I'm not mistaken, so any rough spots in the CW LP could be caused by both. Maybe he spilled OJ on the tapes and his cat went after them.

Maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived