IGNORED

Creepiest Aphex Track?

Revitute

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gwarek2 is the most skippable track in his discography.

Pretty fun track in my opinion. The screaming, bike wheel, and sneakers-on-gym-floor make it pretty cool. Gwely Mernans and Btoum Rumada were the tracks I always skipped.

Can't think of anything creepy. "Father" reminds me of a very large and emotionless father, who after a long night at his factory job, walks up the stairs past his kid's room on the way to his bedroom holding a candle stick in his hand. The song is from the perspective of the kid.

I feel if the track wasn't named "Father" it would creep me out.

Curtains off of SAW II is my probably favorite of the creepiest afx! It always makes me feel uncomfortably creeped out, yet also soothed at the same time (strange combination of feelings)... it kind of takes you on adventurous journey yet it has a hypnotic, trance like tendencies. What a paradox of a track! I could go on and on about SAW II.

Btw, new member here, figured I'd finally show my face, after years of browsing through WATMM. Glad to meet ya'll!

Guest pafr

I didn't know any of them are suppose to be creepy...

The thing with Gwely Mernans is that it uses frequencies that my speakers can't play, so it just creates these clicking noises, which scared the shit out of me. I thought my speakers were broken.

Guest afxtonal

Track 8 "Every day" (also known as Arched Maid Via RDJ on misprint copies) as AFX on Hangable Auto Bulb. It's just annoying.

Track 8 "Every day" (also known as Arched Maid Via RDJ on misprint copies) as AFX on Hangable Auto Bulb. It's just annoying.

erm... that's strange... i own a copie with wrong length for the 2 last tracks on back cover... & some of you tell that on some pressings, tracks 7 and 8 are erroneously reversed!!? Wooow! :blink:

that isn't scary yo, you now what`s scary? GWELY MERNANS

I feel like Gwely mernans is a failed attempt to be scary but stil drukqs ftw

• 2 weeks later...

On (D-Scape Mix). It's up there with the Journey (Care) mix as a long, hypnotic track that builds in a truly amazing way. The only difference is this mix is dark and foreboding, like being trapped inside a dragon's stomach and hammering against the walls.

I have a spare vinyl copy of On Remixes if anyone's interested?

Archived