IGNORED

Creepiest Aphex Track?

Revitute

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i the only one that finds Surfing on Sine Waves creepy? it has a creepy vibe to it.

It does have a very unique vibe... some would see mystery and adventure, others a sense of mellow tranquility. That's the magic of truly great music - the fact that there's something there, clear as crystal, but different people see it in different ways.

Having said that, the Untitled track is creepy as fuck. In a good way.

Am i the only one that finds Surfing on Sine Waves creepy? it has a creepy vibe to it.

Definitely. The fact that it sound dated also adds to its creepiness.

The first track Polygon Window is characteristic to me. The melodies are upbeat but sort of carnival - esque, creepy and derelict.

CD1 Track 3 from the UK Selected Ambient Works Volume II - shudders.

Actually, watch Stakker's whole SAW II (Westworld) movie, and the creepiness factor for all of SAW II goes up by a factor of 10.

His crepeest track is Pancake Lizard.

are you sure? each to their own my good friend...

I do agree with the comments about Surfing on Sine Waves, it's derelict and creepy but strangely eurphoric at the same time. Like walking alone on a windswept beach in the rain with waves crashing in. Uplifting but cold.

"CD1 Track 3" How is Rhubarb creepy?

I'm certain he meant Track 4 'Hankie' which was omitted from the US versions

yeah, thanks - been ages since I listened to it. Should rectify that right now...

Archived