IGNORED

EURO 2012

Guest MortstoX

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

LOL @ the conversation that resulted from the term Douchetard as it applies to football. ^5 to chenGOD for leading the charge!

I just hope this weekend can manage to live up to even a fraction of the hype. Spain - France, Italy - England???

:yeah:

England vs Italy has the potential to be cagey as shit. Two teams keeping a strong defense. I have these images of kick off and both teams running to their own end of the pitch, just leaving the ball alone in the middle, too afraid to make any kind of approach. Like when you play air hockey and the puck is just bouncing side to side in the middle and neither player can reach it so they just kind of swipe at nothing like a pair of bellends.

That's what England vs Italy will be like.

My predicted result is:

Italy: 0

England: -1 (one goal deducted for having a racist cunt in the squad)

I think both the remaining QFs will be good matches. If Benzema decides to show up (seriously, where the fuck has he been this tournament), he could cause the Spanish a little trouble. France's midfield is not too far off Spain, and if Del Bosque goes without a striker again it could be verrrrrry interesting indeed. I'm a bit torn, because while I hate the French as a matter of principle, Spanish nuthuggers piss me off. In the end though, my desire to rub one out while Torres strokes balls through the French net leaves me thinking Spain will win.

England can beat Italy, but Italy can also beat England. Additionally, England can also beat England. England finally have a top class keeper between the sticks again, so that's a huge plus for them. I give it to England barely, with the highlight of the match being Balotelli racially abusing Terry.

Spain play some fucking boring football. Germany are the only entertaining side left in this tournament. Fuck England, Fuck Spain, Fuck Italy and Fuck Christiano Ronaldo + 10.

Guest Mirezzi

I don't care to argue about that goal; nonetheless, Spain were brilliant for 8 seconds and dull as hell for the remainder, yet it mattered not at all.

Why? Simple math...French football over the last 15 years could best be described as:

An Algerian Footballing Titan + A Bunch of Spineless French Pussies.

There can be no disagreement, by the way. Benzema is the best striker in the world.

Yeah Benzema is a machine with great vision and an amazing touch. I was hoping for a bit of magic between Benzema and Ribery, but it seemed like they couldn't get synced.

Spain seemed to have fitness problems in that heat. Hope they get enough rest for Portugal.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah Benzema is a machine with great vision and an amazing touch. I was hoping for a bit of magic between Benzema and Ribery, but it seemed like they couldn't get synced.

Spain seemed to have fitness problems in that heat. Hope they get enough rest for Portugal.

For Madrid, sure, but I was being completely facetious. He was the worst footballer on the pitch today by a wide margin. Ribery did fine by Ribery's standards. He was the only marginal threat for France.

Guest Gary C

Benzema might not have effected the game, but him and Ribery were the only French players with any invention to their game. His first touch was largely superb, and his positioning in build-up and recovery play was excellent.

Unfortunately, I think France have suffered once again from egos and celebrities refusing to turn-up. Nasri mainly. Whaddacunt.

Blanc went for containment, and only seemed willing to try and equalise on 65mins. Boring, but safe. Unfortunately his subs didn't perform for him.

It's a lesson to everyone else; if you're going to play on the counter-attack against Spain, you've got to make changes at half-time.

Guest Mirezzi

I think today's game proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Group D was the weakest in the tournament. It's impossible to tell just how bad England actually are now that we've seen the truly pitiful France, Sweden, and Ukraine.

Guest Gary C

Yes, that's also true. It truly does not bode well for England against Italy tomorrow. I'm actually surprised that Ukraine weren't more competitive. Home soil. They must feel terrible now.

Guest Gary C

I don't know what games everyone else is watching, but I can see far too many stray passes and fumbled balls out of defence from Gerrard. Yes, he's the only player to provide goals for England, but he's been lucky so far not to have been caught out by better opposition.

Parker is fucked. His last legs.

Whereas Italy have 3 superb midfielders, and a strikeforce that whilst not as good as Rooney, are clearly more experienced and consistent than Welbeck, Caroll and Defoe.

It's 55-45 in favour of Italy for me. England can pull it off, but Italy should be scraping it by a single goal.

In fact, it'll go down to penalties. Hart will take one, and it's over.

Guest Mirezzi

No disagreement from me. That's pretty accurate. I think it will come down to how Italy regroup sans Chiellini. Bonucci will need to have the game of his life, but he's a big strong kid and should be able to mark Carroll.

yes, some entertainment

i'm pretty sure i've missed all the enjoyable matches in this tournament so far... because i've found it boring and shit

Archived