IGNORED

EURO 2012

Guest MortstoX

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

As much as I enjoyed Spain going on a winning spree, it's time to end. I like Ronaldo this tournament, so I hope he shines and drags Portugal to the final.

Obviously, I want Germany to beat Italy. If it were a Germany-Spain final, I'd want Germany to win overall. But it'd be a little more delicious if a pluckier team like Portugal got there too.

I've been impressed with Portugal's defence this tournament too. Pepe is a complete and utter cunt, but when he wants to be he's a great defender. I hope they surprise Spain too because for this tournament to be truly great I think it needs an upset and a player (Ronaldo) who stands out overall.

I've been impressed with Portugal's defence this tournament too. Pepe is a complete and utter cunt, but when he wants to be he's a great defender. I hope they surprise Spain too because for this tournament to be truly great I think it needs an upset and a player (Ronaldo) who stands out overall.

I'm always surprised when I watch Madrid play any other team than Barca. Something about El Clasico seems to just fuck with the Madrid players. Pepe is a perfect example of it, as in other matches when he's not losing his nut he is, as you said, an excellent footballer when he wants to be. I wonder how much of it is Mourinho's influence.

Even if I am rooting for Spain I'd like to see a team add some pressure on their passing practice. Maybe it's not a good tactic, but try to make it a little harder for them to keep possession is all I ask for.

Guest Mirezzi

I just hope Germany - Italy is as competitive and juicy as we'd expect.

The 2006 WC semifinal was fucking epic, so...*rubs hands together*.

:cisfor:

Even if I am rooting for Spain I'd like to see a team add some pressure on their passing practice. Maybe it's not a good tactic, but try to make it a little harder for them to keep possession is all I ask for.

That's a great tactic that will be sure to win many matches against Barca - Messi.

The second half of the 1982 final was also pretty epic for Italy.

I have to say though, I don't think the Italians, even with the shitty scheduling, have the side to beat Germany.

Guest Mirezzi

Okay, time to be honest. Spain really took it to Portugal in the extra time and I like it when the team that has chances in extra time is rewarded if it goes to pens. Oh well.

I hope Germany or Italy win the final, regardless.

Guest Gary C

Absolutely crazy to turn Alves around after walking up to the penalty spot. Clearly gonna screw up his head, even if he just got the order wrong.

Guest Mirezzi

With all their dull midfield drills, Spain advancing carries with it a price I'm willing to pay: for all his league success, Ronaldo will remain an international failure for at least two more years.

schadenfreude.jpg

Not putting Ronaldo up earlier was odd, almost made me feel sorry for the bugger. I liked Portugal in the first half they did what I had hoped and pressed as soon as they lost possession and made it a bit harder for Spain to get their game on. However it shifted to Spain as the game wore on and they had some good looks in extra time. Another cool finish by Ramos in the penalties.

I don't get the cynicism towards the match? I thought it was match of the tourny so far! Portugal brought the pain to Spain (on the plain), actually fucked with their boring midfield passing for the first half and to me looked the stronger team. Proper rustled their jimmies.

I'm actually a little sad Portugal lost. And I hate them. Especially Nani, he's a fucking fanny.

First half was quite good, second half was a bit dull. Spain finally played with some pace in extra time. Pens.

And that's the match. Come on Germany.

Archived