IGNORED

Watmm, lets have your Jungle

chassis

Yeah, the usual first post to the thread but here goes for nothing: Not a Jungle expert but besides Rephlex's stellar Soundmurderer+SK-1 comp this is the best shit which I've been able to find: V:A:Strictly Hardcore: Jungle Soundclash Volume 1

Couldn't find the smoother original version of the Lion Theme so this have to do

Some tracks from the comp featured on Mark Ryder's DJ set on this comp. The gig is also on YT(much adidas and mhaarkh rhidah)...

etc.

etc.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is pure, I love it. Sometimes all you want is dat rollin raga shit mane.

Sometimes? 24/7/365 playa.

tumblr_mw7bfdc2e91s9036xo1_500.gif

Lol... Any particular releases you've been excited about lately? Also what is watmms take on newwer jungle / dnb? I listen much more the old-school stuff but remember during the early 2010s I checked out quite a bit of new dnb at the time and some of it was really good (black sun empire, outside agency, etc), but sometimes too clean and perfect for my taste-though other times it hit the spot.

This thread is pure, I love it. Sometimes all you want is dat rollin raga shit mane.

Sometimes? 24/7/365 playa.

tumblr_mw7bfdc2e91s9036xo1_500.gif

Also what is watmms take on newwer jungle / dnb? 

I keep up with Subtle Audio Recordings and Omni Music - 

http://www.subtleaudiorecordings.com/

https://subtleaudio.bandcamp.com/

https://omnimusic.bandcamp.com/

Lots of good stuff coming out of there imo.

Also a fair bit of bangin' stuff out of some of the mainstream labels, onemind or paradox off metalheadz for example. Kinda depends how I'm feeling I guess. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

yeah like Bulk said, subtle audio releases killer jungle right now. My other favorite labels are Greenbay Wax, Scientific Wax, and Brain Records. last 5 years have been a big jungle renaissance with tunes flying all over the place and some of the oldschool guys coming back releasing tracks, like Dillinja and Bizzy B. the 2010's have been a great decade for junglists  :music:

yeah like Bulk said, subtle audio releases killer jungle right now. My other favorite labels are Greenbay Wax, Scientific Wax, and Brain Records. last 5 years have been a big jungle renaissance with tunes flying all over the place and some of the oldschool guys coming back releasing tracks, like Dillinja and Bizzy B. the 2010's have been a great decade for junglists  :music:

How could I forget Green Bay Wax!  :catsuicide:

I'll have to look into Scientific + Brain Records. Any suggestions from those labels?

For SciWax, just listen to Dub-One, Equinox, Nebula, Champa B... might as well just say listen to the whole label. Dub-One's my favorite though, unmatched in how much sheer power rolls through his tracks. these two releases will blow your subs to shreds:

https://www.discogs.com/Dub-One-Lion-Step-No-More-Games-Natalies-Rhodes/master/1249365

https://www.discogs.com/Dub-One-The-Broken-Paradise-EP/release/10535385

I guess Brain Records isn't technically "new", but Bizzy B's been releasing a huge amount of unreleased tunes from that label recently. It can all be heard on his youtube streams, he usually does a massive 2-3 hour set every weekend playing unreleased tracks he's found. He'll play viewer tracks too if you email them to him. just an all around fucking awesome guy 

(just for the record, tune at 43:00 is HUGE)

My favorite of the releases he's put out:

http://junglistdownload.com/brian-records/audio/albums/the-lost-tunes-dat-lossless-flac

Edited by GetSquirrely

Thanks to this thread I discovered Riot Beats - Rough and Fast comp a couple years ago. These two are wicked:

RE: Subtle Audio. It has been discussed earlier in this thread and yes, the line between these two genres is loose in any case, but I see SA more as a pure Drum'n Bass label than Jungle one. Dunno how majority sees it but in my books Jungle needs to have some Jah in it. Just my two cents, doesn't really matter. Not trying to start a genre war :biggrin:  Like I said I'm not an expert on this field, just a casual listener.

If talking about SA and newer outlets for D'nB, maybe Love Love Records is also worth mentioning. Besides dgoHn that GetSquirrely already posted, Rognvald's R.O.G.N.V.A.L.D and The New Selecta Vol.1 EPs added with Christoph De Babalon's Short Eternities should evoke a nod of approval from any Jungle and D'nB lover. Maybe even Beatwife's Lord Cornwallis could fall under that category if really stretching the genre borders.

Edited by Grumpy Old Daddy

If talking about SA and newer outlets for D'nB, maybe Love Love Records is also worth mentioning. Besides dgoHn that GetSquirrely already posted, Rognvald's R.O.G.N.V.A.L.D and The New Selecta Vol.1 EPs added with Christoph De Babalon's Short Eternities should evoke a nod of approval from any Jungle and D'nB lover. Maybe even Beatwife's Lord Cornwallis could fall under that category if really stretching the genre borders.

I knew there was one I was forgetting, Love Love is 100% quality 

RE: Subtle Audio. It has been discussed earlier in this thread and yes, the line between these two genres is loose in any case, but I see SA more as a pure Drum'n Bass label than Jungle one. 

Agreed - maybe worth pointing out Lane asked about "newer jungle/dnb".

Line is blurry but agreed SA is more on the dnb side of things.  

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

RE: Subtle Audio. It has been discussed earlier in this thread and yes, the line between these two genres is loose in any case, but I see SA more as a pure Drum'n Bass label than Jungle one. 

Agreed - maybe worth pointing out Lane asked about "newer jungle/dnb".

Line is blurry but agreed SA is more on the dnb side of things.  

Yeah that's fair. My post was more just my usual inane jabbering anyway and not so much directed to the discussion you were having :)

Some favorites from Soundmurderer's Wired For Sound which I believe haven't been posted yet:

Damn, couldn't find Raw by T.I.C, posting the B side instead. It's as much quality as the A side: