IGNORED

Watmm, lets have your Jungle

chassis

Guest yikes

the first track in this mix is awesome,i have it on a 12 somewhere in the library

i couldn't find it as a single track anywhere online

the rest of the mix is good as well

but the atomica track is one of those un-known one-offs that just flows with 90's love

atomica-radiate and elevate

https://www.mixcloud.com/track/atomica-feat-charene-dawn/radiate-elevate-universal-mix/

Edited by yikes

Guest yikes

yes yes yes and a big fuck yea!!!!!!! to all of those strictly underground tracks you posted Djeroek!

this is IDM by any other name,pre dating squarepusher and rdj's snare rush/choppage work by 1-2 years

Mark Ryder /A-sides are totally mack daddy don's and get no love from the idm massif

Edited by yikes

Not sure if you guys saw this thread yesterday, but a proper new jungle album:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/87075-kid-lib-the-mystery-island-ep/?do=findComment&comment=2305434

20 tracks for $10. I listened to it in its entirety yesterday and it's good stuff, true jungle.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[youtubehd]Zwx87ZccLWY[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]ol--7lYKI1M[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]n0ncIZGkjHE[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]0cdfP3qAO1g[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]oSgGyC409e8[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]4RgU3A4Y-BI[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]R9Z9Alr5NWc[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]fLoK8abJk9Y[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]PCtnKDjsm70[/youtubehd]

Edited by perunamuussi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a crate of records from my friend who got it at a swap meet for like 10 bucks. He had no idea what was in there.Turns out it was part of DJ Soul Slinger's (Liquid Sky/Jungle Sky Records) personal collection of vinyl. Tons of early-late 90's UK dnb, jungle stuff.. incl test pressings, promos, and even acetates. That's where I found my Hangable Autobulb 1 as well as an Autechre LP, some Warp compilation (Elektroworld, i think)... photek, the orb, dj krush, panasonic (pan sonic), etc etc- buncha rare stuff. I even found Afrika Bambaataa - Fire (Soul Slinger remix) original acetate.

Anyway, i tracked down the poor dude, and emailed him about the records, and he said he lost them while here in Phoenix, and that I should look after them until he comes back. It's been 2 years. No word.

They sit in a crate in my room.

If he does come back, I really hope he lets me keep his HAB 1.. maybe even the Zend Avista or Rude 66 or..Dj Spooky/Tim Plotkin promo sampler... fuck there's so much cool shit in there it blows my mind. i just had to get this off my chest to people who would care about such cool records haha.

thats an awesome story if true. soul slinger is one of my fav djs

When I have a moment, I'll upload some photos of some of that vinyl. What was fun was using the discogs site to figure out what those promos and test pressings were by the catalog numbers on the runout grooves. Some I haven't even found. Like one of the Jungle Sky test pressings are a catalog number that I can't find anywhere. There's also a white label promo that's mislabled as Cherry Tree or something and it turns out that it's a Morcheeba promo. All kinds of cool stuff in there.

Man. I'm really curious what you have in there. Definitely snap some pics or make an inventory ( I only really care about the Jungle records tho :D ).

I bet there's some gold in there.

It's funny you mention the HAB vinyl.

Just today, for some reason, I was regretting a memory of when I was in college. I was at a friend of a friend's place and he had a crate of records that I was thumbing through. He was an ex-raver and said he didn't spin anymore and barely listened to the records.

He told me I could take whatever I wanted. He had a lot of great stuff, including the HAB 1 & 2 vinyls... not to mention a ton of other great stuff.

I thought he was just fucking with me so I didn't take anything, but I think he was actually dead serious.

He probably thought that I must have no clue about good music because who else would knowingly pass on those kinds of things?

Anyway, it wasn't a smart move.

:facepalm:

Wow, can't believe it's been 3 years since I posted about this.. Well, I finally got around to cataloging the first these, just posted only one so far, but it's like the holy grail.. Afrika Bambaataa & DJ Soul Slinger - Fire - original acetate. Just listed it on Discogs with some photos:

R-8307087-1459039936-2696.jpeg.jpg

R-8307087-1459039952-1578.jpeg.jpg

R-8307087-1459039963-4396.jpeg.jpg

Discogs entry I made: https://www.discogs.com/Afrika-Bambaataa-vs-DJ-Soul-Slinger-Fire-/release/8307087

Soul Slinger still hasn't come to pick these up off me (although we've exchanged some emails and he's a real cool dude).. I guess I've been holding now for like 7 yrs lol

Edited by Lane Visitor

• 2 weeks later...