IGNORED

Animal Collective - Centipede Hz

Guest bitroast

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

also, there is a hidden track on the dvd. if you press next chapter on the last song (mercury man maybe?) it goes to a chz radio hidden track with snippets of all samples from the album.

I'll have to try that out. In addition to being a regular video dvd, the disc also contains a folder with video files of the live film so you can just copy them over instead of ripping the dvd. plus there's a folder with 24-bit 96 kHz flacs of the album.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

2nd listen. love how today's supernatural starts. really loving that track now. the rest will take some more listen to enjoy fully.

I think their ability to make their sound into pop songs is their greatest strength.

i don't think they are pop songs. pop songs need to be understood and catchy on first listen. a pop song that takes a few listens before you can get into it isn't a pop song

i don't think they are pop songs. pop songs need to be understood and catchy on first listen. a pop song that takes a few listens before you can get into it isn't a pop song

There's some truth there, but that's not always the case. A manufactured pop song, on the other hand, is catchy on first listen and sticks in your head whether you hate it or love it.

There's some truth there, but that's not always the case. A manufactured pop song, on the other hand, is catchy on first listen and sticks in your head whether you hate it or love it.

yes i agree with this. if you took a pepsi commercial pop song and buried it in layers of noise and rhythms, there is still a pop song in there.

The album is coming together for me. I've given 4 stars to many of hte songs so far, I'm leaning towards a 4/5 rating overall at this point, which is really good. My standouts are Rosie Oh, Father Time, Mercury Man, and Amanita. I think.

Is it just me or doe the vocals in "Wide Eyed" sound like King Crimson? I know they had various vocalists...I haven't really tried to pinpoiont which one. And also, fIREHOSE, who also reminded me of some King Crimson in the vocal department at times.

the part at 48 seconds in today's supernatural totally reminds me of smashing pumpkins. the way he sneers i think mostly.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I'm slightly pissed I preordered the regular version and not the special edition. someone tell me those live tracks suck please...

they're hecka slammin'.

Is it just me or doe the vocals in "Wide Eyed" sound like King Crimson? I know they had various vocalists...I haven't really tried to pinpoiont which one. And also, fIREHOSE, who also reminded me of some King Crimson in the vocal department at times.

deakin sings on that one. as far as I know this is the first time he's sung lead on an animal collective song.

damn it! I can't find them anywhere, I figured they'd be all over the place. oh well not gonna buy it twice.

yea that is deakin singing on wide eyed. the live version is actually a little cooler soundining IMO. check that radio rip I posted.

wow that acoustic version was beautiful, also I finally got my copy in the mail. I am really liking this record. Rosie Oh is so great! Once again I feel confused and unsettled by the mastering choices. The album sounds like it needs to be played on a sound system about 3 times larger than my body so i could absorb all the different pieces like an environment. On car speakers or earbuds it just sounds like something huge packed into a space way too small.

Guest AcrossCanyons

i haven't had a real chance to sit and listen to the album through but i am loving it. waiting for a good opportunity to listen to it thoroughly. moonjock is the jam.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived