IGNORED

Animal Collective - Centipede Hz

Guest bitroast

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still buy CDs.

The new one is both a lot better and a lot worse. It's easier on the eyes, but that's probably because they've pushed every photoshop design cliche almost till the very point of no return.

I also hated the Merriweather cover (neat idea, but... ugly as sin), but the inner case thing is BEAUTIFUL! I wish that was the album cover!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I hope they tweak the cover even more to rustle as many jimmies as possible.

I won't be pleased until they add cheap instagram filters to the cover of Torsofuck's Erotic Diarrhea Fantasy and layer it over the current iteration for maximum shittiness

I hope that's a joke, or that the music is delightfully ugly to fit.

I hope so too, I kinda want something like a cross between ODDSAC and Strawberry Jam... with a dash of Here Comes the Indian...

I think ODDSAC was the best thing they have released.

Looks like super hipster album artwork to me, ain't surprised.

Its not even hipster, just BAD.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I also hated the Merriweather cover (neat idea, but... ugly as sin), but the inner case thing is BEAUTIFUL! I wish that was the album cover!

yeah i felt the same. threw the outer cover away infact despite liking it at first glance and then hating it. inside is great

I hope they tweak the cover even more to rustle as many jimmies as possible.

oooooh baby rustle my jimmies

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought water curses sounded like a panic attack. this seems to be a continuation of that feeling but lower tempo:

Jesus if that's your idea of a panic attack I wish I had YOUR anxiety... if I was to describe a panic attack/nervous breakdown with a song it would be Ventolin...

I found Today's Supernatural to be pretty tame although I will agree that it is in a similar vein to Water Curses so that's still a good thing. I was hoping for an album that is loud and harsh and aggressive and a little bit angry... I want stuff like Slippi and Cuckoo...

(well I suppose there COULD be stuff like that but according to my friend who's listened to the bootlegs... no, it won't be...)

Jesus if that's your idea of a panic attack I wish I had YOUR anxiety... if I was to describe a panic attack/nervous breakdown with a song it would be Ventolin...

guess i am lucky then. although I think the fact that there is a vocal at speed makes it feel faster than ventolin

I still stand by the cover being totally shit.

However, I really like Today's Supernatural. It sounds like a more unquantised integration of the sequencer stuff they were doing. Which suits them a lot more.

• 3 weeks later...

this thread is five pages back in the album list????

Well anyhow.

A birdy told me that this record is the fucking ape shit.

Could be their best, says birdy.

:emotawesomepm9:

Well, come this sunday, ,there will be a ton of birdies chirping similar emotions. They are streaming it on the final installment of the Centipede Hz Radio. JaJamIt!

I have recently learned that what the birdy has been listening to is a fake, an amazing fucking fantastic fake, that has to be a product of the band or someone with the capabilities of sounding just like the band.

here are some tracks and if anyone has any info about whom this might be if it is not the Collective. please do tell:

edit: okay since none of you responded, I took down the samples.

I feel that this could be the record, just with the track placements out of order.

Not that any of you care.....

BAD ALHBUM AHRT = STUPID MUSIC, END OF STORY!

As long as the music is good, who gives a fuck about the cover art.

Merriweather's cover is worse imo.

Great goddamn record though.

Help me on this jules.

I'm trying really hard not to listen...

I've never been a fan of their visual stuff atop but the music is awesome. I have a feeling this record is going to be insanely awesome.

Archived