IGNORED

Animal Collective - Centipede Hz

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

Centipede Hz, new album out September

http://myanimalhome.net/

252611_10150857118966021_522874276_n.jpg

Internet speculation: video displays following titles which may be the albums tracklist??

Moonjock

Today's Supernatural

Rosie Oh

Applesauce

Wide Eyed

Father Time

New Town Burnout

Monkey Riches

Mercury Man

Pulleys

Amanita

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Yeah. It's hard to imagine AC pulling something like that though.

their new albums always sound like a development in some direction or another over the previous, I'm looking forward to the new album^^

I really want Honeycomb on vinyl but I don't feel like spending 8 pounds for 3 minutes of music

The first world problem thread is in general banter...

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I really want honeycomb on vinyl but I don't want to start to resent it everytime I move apartment

Pitchfork: Is the title a reference to the arcade game Centipede?

DP: It can be seen as a reference to the video game-- more to the world of the game than the actual game itself. "Centipede" was also just a word that came up when we first started writing the songs. Centipedes have all these arms, and a lot of the songs have different parts and move all over the place. Centipedes are really alien creatures to us, and we wanted to create this really alien atmosphere. Also, the album's really earth-oriented in terms of dirt and the ground. There is something really organic about it.

http://m.pitchfork.com/features/update/8842-animal-collective/

Never really got into Merriweather, I find the sound design too overwhelming... even No More Running became loud and dense in the studio... and it all kinda sounds the same. I did really like Fall Be Kind and sorta like ODDSAC so I am still looking forward to Centipede Hz.

I thought Merriweather was when their pop songwriting came into full flower.

(Yes, I'm talking about sex.)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived