IGNORED

kids these days

Guest uptown devil

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and if blizzard is raising your kids you're fucked. don't have kids if you can't raise them. no one is forcing you to.

Trusting that you meant that generally and weren't aiming the comment at me personally, I'll agree with you. However, the reality is that we live in Idiocracy, dude. I'm worried about Other People's Kids. My wife and I, like any responsible parents, will be careful about moderating media saturation - whether it's video games, pr0n, or social media. Unfortunately, even kids with good parents are surrounded by a shit ton more kids with horrible or non-existent parents.

I get that you're all street and angsty, edgy, and anti-kid, etc. Even though it's cute, it's not a very thoughtful argument to say, "Shouldn't have had kids, fucker!"

what's fucked is that it's like, a moral responsibility for good people to have kids. I DO NOT WANT KIDS. seriously, at all. I have not had the happiest life, because I'm very smart and very ethical, and being both of these things makes it hard to fit in. if the +1 people stop having kids and the -1 people continue having kids (which is in their nature... it is in their nature to not think about anything outside of their direct line of vision) then the world will quickly deteriorate, as it has been. we're a dying race. just a thought, that's why I DO say sterilization seems a fitting punishment for these kids.

I hate to say that though, because on deeper thought I realize that kids do have problems, as a kid it tends to be more common for people to do or say things that are not kind... or to do "stupid things" for the sake of "the pack." I always had the moral compass to know not to be a dick to people, or to hurt others. Always. But I have often had friends or been around people who did NOT have this compass. There have been times in my life where I have laughed at the expense of someone else. Trust me, people on this forum do it all the time. It's not like you're exempt from the category of "horrible people" just because this video causes you to get angry. The smaller transgressions add up over a long period of time. It's human nature to be a fucking cunt, I see it daily. Some people don't even know they're doing it.

One time I made a girl cry on the bus by telling her she looked like Godzilla. Honest to God I had no idea that it was going to hurt her feelings. It was FUCKED UP. She started to cry and then I FUCKING SAID HER EYES LOOKED LIKE DIAMONDS. It was absolutely fucked because she thought I was making fun of her for crying, but it was just my brain not functioning properly. One time I threw a ball that hit a girl in the face... more like BLASTED her in the face and she started crying. I had a huge crush on this girl. One time I was hanging out with some ASSHOLES in junior high because I had low self-esteem and they would sort of half-bully this asian kid. Making him too stupid shit, taking advantage of his desperation to have friends. He didn't know it was bullying until it was too late. Man, most people were like that back then. Honest to God, like 75% of kids were complete assholes. Another 15% were assholes without being explicit about it. Another 5% were assholes that you mistook for nerds so you were nice to them, but soon you found out they were freaks. And the last 5% were pretty cool.

Whatever.

The more I think about it the more I realize it's like, an evolutionary advantage to be a pretty bad person. It's not an advantage to be a terrible person, but to be pretty bad... seems to be an advantage. Maybe there is some sort of higher morality that the 1% highest evolved humans are working with, that's a possibility. In terms of reproduction+survival, which seems like something that will eventually be far more importance than "intelligence" and "morality"... evil works.

and if blizzard is raising your kids you're fucked. don't have kids if you can't raise them. no one is forcing you to.

Trusting that you meant that generally and weren't aiming the comment at me personally, I'll agree with you. However, the reality is that we live in Idiocracy, dude. I'm worried about Other People's Kids. My wife and I, like any responsible parents, will be careful about moderating media saturation - whether it's video games, pr0n, or social media. Unfortunately, even kids with good parents are surrounded by a shit ton more kids with horrible or non-existent parents.

I get that you're all street and angsty, edgy, and anti-kid, etc. Even though it's cute, it's not a very thoughtful argument to say, "Shouldn't have had kids, fucker!"

what's fucked is that it's like, a moral responsibility for good people to have kids. I DO NOT WANT KIDS. seriously, at all. I have not had the happiest life, because I'm very smart and very ethical, and being both of these things makes it hard to fit in. if the +1 people stop having kids and the -1 people continue having kids (which is in their nature... it is in their nature to not think about anything outside of their direct line of vision) then the world will quickly deteriorate, as it has been. we're a dying race. just a thought, that's why I DO say sterilization seems a fitting punishment for these kids.

I hate to say that though, because on deeper thought I realize that kids do have problems, as a kid it tends to be more common for people to do or say things that are not kind... or to do "stupid things" for the sake of "the pack." I always had the moral compass to know not to be a dick to people, or to hurt others. Always. But I have often had friends or been around people who did NOT have this compass. There have been times in my life where I have laughed at the expense of someone else. Trust me, people on this forum do it all the time. It's not like you're exempt from the category of "horrible people" just because this video causes you to get angry. The smaller transgressions add up over a long period of time. It's human nature to be a fucking cunt, I see it daily. Some people don't even know they're doing it.

One time I made a girl cry on the bus by telling her she looked like Godzilla. Honest to God I had no idea that it was going to hurt her feelings. It was FUCKED UP. She started to cry and then I FUCKING SAID HER EYES LOOKED LIKE DIAMONDS. It was absolutely fucked because she thought I was making fun of her for crying, but it was just my brain not functioning properly. One time I threw a ball that hit a girl in the face... more like BLASTED her in the face and she started crying. I had a huge crush on this girl. One time I was hanging out with some ASSHOLES in junior high because I had low self-esteem and they would sort of half-bully this asian kid. Making him too stupid shit, taking advantage of his desperation to have friends. He didn't know it was bullying until it was too late. Man, most people were like that back then. Honest to God, like 75% of kids were complete assholes. Another 15% were assholes without being explicit about it. Another 5% were assholes that you mistook for nerds so you were nice to them, but soon you found out they were freaks. And the last 5% were pretty cool.

Whatever.

evolution doesn't work like that & your call for sterilization is misguided and authoritarian.

I agree with Overlook and to a some extent Vamos (not the sterilization bit, let's just try to make condoms and BC free for those who want it, America's not even close to that simplistic and obvious form of public family planning)

First of all, I do want kids. My wife and I look forward to it. Yes it is a scary world. People are assholes. Stupidity and ignorance is catered to, marketed to, and widely accepted. And it's easy to participate or be complacent of things like bullying. Two things always disturb me about this and other recent bullying videos: 1. Triggers memories of when I or my friends were bullied and makes me worry about my kids and loved ones in the future. 2. Knowing I could of easily been one of the kids who sat there and said nothing, or worse, actually joined in a little bit through laughter. I can think of a couple times I regrettably joined one of my asshole peers in making fun of a friend. Nothing harse like hazing or harassment, but still something I knew was wrong. I'm ashamed of those moments, and I think even the best people have a time or two that haunt them in the same way.

As fucked as society is, especially in this strange and surreal time with social media and warped senses of morality, I still have optimism and confidence in raising my future children. I have great friends who I would, without hestiation, call my family just as much as my closest relatives. When I read some inspiring article in Wired or hear about some great act of charity it makes up for the dismal news I digested earlier that day. I don't thing things can get much worse in some sense for the future generations. One night I know I could be hit and killed by some scumbag in a car who just had to text while driving. My life could end because some fucking technological novelty had to be used by someone who was "legally" smart enough to earn a license to operate a motor vehicle and make a wrong turn. That's some heavy shit. But I try my best to be careful. I strive to be a good driver myself. If I didn't because of apathy I would be just as bad. That's one simplified example, but that's my attitude to a lot of things. It's hard and frustrating to be a better person but it's worth it.

I don't know what extent of humans can be lumped into a category or of those who choose alturism and moral compassion over greed and selfishness, but I'm sure it's just as high as those with no moral compass. Maybe it's like, 1% super wonderful people changing the world for good, 1% doing evil on the other end, 20% of both good and bad people, and like the remaining percent in the middle just living. I can't say were doomed. We could very well be in for some shitty dark ages but we're not doomed. Fuck evolutionary selfishness and brutality to survive, I'm going to live my life, love my family, and aim to become a better person. Society progresses, albeit slowly and sometimes with major hiccups, because enough people try to be good. Well, at least they make it tolerable.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Whatever.

Dude, you really need to calm down. lol. how do ethics and intelligence play into the fact that you couldn't make friends? im super ethical and i was one of the smartest kids in my school, i never had/have trouble making friends. literally everyone in my school knew me and i knew many of them (doesn't mean i liked them, but i knew em). just cause you were socially awkward and hung around dicks is not justification to label EVERY KID a dipshit. the problem is not with the children, it lies with the parents. instead of something extreme like sterilization why not something extreme to the parents, like have the kids removed from their custody. cause their parents obviously arn't teaching them jack shit.

And dude, it really isn't really my place to give life advice but i never met someone who didn't have kids and say it was worth it. just some food for thought.

But that Godzila thing is Hilarious.

Whatever.

Dude, you really need to calm down. lol. how do ethics and intelligence play into the fact that you couldn't make friends? im super ethical and i was one of the smartest kids in my school, i never had/have trouble making friends. literally everyone in my school knew me and i knew many of them (doesn't mean i liked them, but i knew em). just cause you were socially awkward and hung around dicks is not justification to label EVERY KID a dipshit. the problem is not with the children, it lies with the parents. instead of something extreme like sterilization why not something extreme to the parents, like have the kids removed from their custody. cause their parents obviously arn't teaching them jack shit.

And dude, it really isn't really my place to give life advice but i never met someone who didn't have kids and say it was worth it. just some food for thought.

238545_25486_XL.jpg

Okay, one one hand yeah these kids are horrible little shitheads that just reflect the decline in common morality and ethics in youth these days, which relflects the rise of terrible parenting. (Fuck, I hate society sometimes) No I don't think they kids are entirely at fault for this, the parents are at fault for not instilling some sense of common decency and morality in these kids. However they are young adolescent boys and well, boys at that age tends to be vile little fuckheads.

On the other hand...Why the hell is the internet raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for this lady? She should be old enough and mature enough to not let the words of some snobby little spitfucks effect her so deeply. Also, why the hell doesn't she stand up and shut these kids the fuck up, as a bus monitor that's essentially her job. I didn't watch the whole vid but part of me was like "Jesus fuck, don't just sit there taking it, even if you sternly snap at stupid little fucks at that age they're likely to get the deer in the headlights look stop being shits and shut the fuck up... Now the internet has given this lady hundreds of thousands of dollars just because she got ridiculed by some teens? What good is that doing?! How is that teaching these kids a lesson at all? (Seriously, I fucking hate society)

Whatever.

238545_25486_XL.jpg

what is the meaning of this

i agree that the internet whip-round is obviously well intentioned but utterly rediculous. at least the old lady can hopefully pack this job in completely cos she's either too old and worn down or just isn't cut out for it. they need to get some ex drill sergeant, mean motherfucker doing that job. it's not enough to just be in a position of authority without being able to command respect. some people can, some can't... and nasty little kids like this can smell it like a shark smelling blood. these kids crossed the line from verbal abuse into threatening physical violence on an old defenceless lady and i'm more shocked that noone on that bus stepped in. it's sad that no decent kids witnessing this spoke up for what's right.

i also agree she could have handled the situation better but maybe she's already tried everything else and at the end of her tether, ready to curl up in a ball and hope it goes away. but she should have a support network to fall back on, there should be procedures in place for this kind of behaviour... like the bus pulls over and doesn't move another inch until the abuse stops - the kids peers will soon tell them to shut the fuck up when they realise they might be late for TV dinner time.

Guest chunky

Just saw this on BBC news. Those little bastards made comments about her children wanting to kill themselves, and it turns out that her son actually did kill himself. Glad all those people have donated money, they're digital good samaritans.

What they want is to delete Karl Marx out of the education system, followed by:

me_cane.jpg

Like I said, hopefully she donates a fair chunk of that change to some anti-depression organization.

chuky: trust, the little whippersnappers aren't learning about Marx in American schools. Shame really, as his observations/analysis on how a capitalist system functions were bang on.

His solutions, not so much.

Guest Mirezzi

If by solutions, you mean the 'solutions invented by others in his name' then yes. Marx was not generally prescriptive in his ideologies.

Granted, I'm not a Marx scholar.

Mostly, he said capitalist modes of production turn us into these kids on the bus. Tough to argue that. :w00t:

Guest Mirezzi

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies---"God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

~ Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Okay, one one hand yeah these kids are horrible little shitheads that just reflect the decline in common morality and ethics in youth these days, which relflects the rise of terrible parenting. (Fuck, I hate society sometimes) No I don't think they kids are entirely at fault for this, the parents are at fault for not instilling some sense of common decency and morality in these kids. However they are young adolescent boys and well, boys at that age tends to be vile little fuckheads.

On the other hand...Why the hell is the internet raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for this lady? She should be old enough and mature enough to not let the words of some snobby little spitfucks effect her so deeply. Also, why the hell doesn't she stand up and shut these kids the fuck up, as a bus monitor that's essentially her job. I didn't watch the whole vid but part of me was like "Jesus fuck, don't just sit there taking it, even if you sternly snap at stupid little fucks at that age they're likely to get the deer in the headlights look stop being shits and shut the fuck up... Now the internet has given this lady hundreds of thousands of dollars just because she got ridiculed by some teens? What good is that doing?! How is that teaching these kids a lesson at all? (Seriously, I fucking hate society)

this i so totally agree with. blame can't be casted on just the kids, as she is at fault too. its shit like this that makes me such a Misanthrope. on an individual scale people are ussually fine with me, but on a whole we really fucked up somewhere.

Archived