IGNORED

EDMX - Cerberus

Redruth

"Cerberus belches out of the darkness like a shotgun blast to the face. The slavering three headed watchdog patrols the banks of the River Styx, the river of lost souls as the wretched hoards flow past writhing midst its currents. Its hot sulphurous breath and steaming piles of iridescent dung fill the air as you pass into Hades - never to return."

"EDMX (DMX KREW) has been releasing quality electronics on Rephlex and his own Breakin' record labels amongst others since 1995. The Cerberus EP on Power Vacuum presents his heaviest and darkest moments to date...

Side A at 45rpm presents the smash-downbeat of 'Cerberus' - incapable of taking prisoners even if there was a glimpse of mercy encoded into this Techno ice-breaker. 'I'm rushing My Tits Off' documents its cascading anvil melody into near-oblivion while masterfully cruising a two-way wormhole between 1st-wave Electro and modern subsonix. Finally 'Orange Squash' guides us through an irresistibly distorted Acid-shuffle, restoring some level of equilibrium post-Cerberus."

Listen on Soundcloud.com

I just have a feeling that if these tracks weren't by DMX, no one would give a shit.

Pretty much lol.

Yeah, not his best for sure...

I do actually quite like the second track, but you know its a very early aphex inspired affair. Nothing wrong with that of course. The first track is probably the worst track I've heard this week. Wonder when it was made? Could easily be pretty old.

• 4 weeks later...

bugger off

agreed, that is a pretty corny video, but its ED DMX, people.

I like this album, even if it's just a kindof late homage to early nineties techno, its as enjoyable to listen to as most of the stuff made in the same genre of that time.

Archived