IGNORED

The Official Bill Murray Thread

Squee

Guest Frankie5fingers

Shhhhiiiieeeeeeeeettttt!!!!!

I think you've done me.....

...... A new challenger appears.......

Go get 'em frankie5fishfingers......

not only have i been looking at Bill Murray since i was 2, but i also know him and have his personal phone number. we're best of friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Franklin

Bill Murray is my favorite comedic actor. Ever since I was a kid he's been the person I would like to meet the most in the world if I could meet anybody.

id sock him in his ugly untalented face.

I own more Wes Anderson movies than all of you combined, so don't even give me that bullshit story about his modern relevance.

I watched Caddyshack for the first time and I didn't get the hype. It was mildly amusing but not side-splittingly funny. Murray was alright, considering it was mostly improvisation, but I don't see how his character in the movie became this bigger than life thing. Then again I was never that into slapstick.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I watched Caddyshack for the first time and I didn't get the hype. It was mildly amusing but not side-splittingly funny. Murray was alright, considering it was mostly improvisation, but I don't see how his character in the movie became this bigger than life thing. Then again I was never that into slapstick.

i really never liked Murray in Caddyshack. but thats cause i love Rodney Dangerfield and he outshines Murray for me.

Bill Murray is crashing parties:

http://superofficial...ting-in-august/

Also, Caddyshack is on ITV tonight (UK-centric).

That is excellent.

Loved this:

“If he crashes our party he can sleep in our room that night and I’ll sleep with my wife on the couch that folds out in the living room. Or Bill Murray can sleep with my wife, it’s all good, just as long as he comes to my party.”

I'm in the sketch writing, acting and improvisation conservatory at Second City in Chicago, the same program that the Bill Murray studied in. There are countless legends of him during his time at the theater. He studied under Del Close, probably the single most influential person in American comedy for the last 50 years. Several of my instructors shared the stage with him.

Watching him perform, it's pretty clear immediately that he was trained as an improviser, not traditional acting. Improv requires you to face your fears and to be willing to die on stage. When you are unafraid to die, you find a way to live. That kind of commitment allows you to tap into a level of honesty that most traditional actors can't access. You can see his honesty in pretty much any of his performances, whether it's the more mainstream comedies or the more artsy stuff that he's been doing more recently. To an improviser, the type of project wouldn't matter. And you can tell it doesn't for him either. He can enter any movie, any scene, and find a way to tap into the honest emotional realities of the character he's playing.

Also fun fact: Bill Murray doesn't use an agent or manager. He setup a toll free number and an answering machine. If you want him to be in your movie, you call the number and leave a message. If he's interested in the project, he'll call you back.

• 1 month later...

Archived