IGNORED

The Official Bill Murray Thread

Squee

Groundhog Day

a movie I could watch everyday.

what did everyone make of his appearance in zombieland. lose any respect for bill murray?

totally agree about groundhog day.

i thought he was great in zombieland. why would anyone lose respect for him? he's made some stinkers, i can't see how he'd lose any credibility for zombieland.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think of him often, but when I do, it's a fond feeling. I had a dream once where he owned and served tables at a tropical/ocean themed sit-down outdoor burger burger joint. He seemed really happy at that gig.

He's basically like an incredibly cool uncle I've never met.

I love Bill Murray, he's a great actor and just a generally awesome and genuine guy. I can tell you he's just as hilarious in person too. I actually had the privledge to meet him at a St. Paul Saints game once (I dunno if he still is, but he used to be co-owner of the Northern League baseball team and would come to a handful of games every season). A friend of my dad's had been doing the announcing for a local sports radio station and we were invited up to the skybox by him. Sure enough, there was Bill Murray, casually hanging out with the stadium's announcer. I shook his hand and we chatted briefly about the team, and I told him I loved his movies, he was very appreciative and hilarious to listen to throughout the night while hanging in the booth. Apparently he's a pretty avid baseball fan. I've seen him at other games since but haven't had the chance to speak with him again as he usually sits up in the skybox, or is actually down with the players in the dugout.

Also, I need to watch The Life Aquatic again soon...

Saturday Night Live

Caddyshack

Where the Buffalo Roam

Ghostbusters

Groundhog Day

Bill Murray gets mad love. No gasface.

this is really strange, but i grew up always thinking bill murray was a handsome man...like, if you could define handsome, Bill Murray would somehow fit that definition.

To this day I have no idea why I grew up thinking that.

He's a charmer. I think that's the word you're looking for :)

It feels like I've seen him in so much but I can think of only Groundhog Day and Ghostbusters......

There must be more?

Anyway, he is fucking great.

When he taps the two keys on the piano and says "they hate this" in Ghostbusters. It's little things like that that I enjoy so much.

this is really strange, but i grew up always thinking bill murray was a handsome man...like, if you could define handsome, Bill Murray would somehow fit that definition.

To this day I have no idea why I grew up thinking that.

He's a charmer. I think that's the word you're looking for :)

ahh...that must be it!!

It feels like I've seen him in so much but I can think of only Groundhog Day and Ghostbusters......

When he taps the two keys on the piano and says "they hate this" in Ghostbusters. It's little things like that that I enjoy so much.

^yes!

I liked What About Bob? a lot, I don't think that one's been mentioned and it used to be on cable tv a lot.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I love Bill Murray, he's a great actor and just a generally awesome and genuine guy. I can tell you he's just as hilarious in person too. I actually had the privledge to meet him at a St. Paul Saints game once (I dunno if he still is, but he used to be co-owner of the Northern League baseball team and would come to a handful of games every season). A friend of my dad's had been doing the announcing for a local sports radio station and we were invited up to the skybox by him. Sure enough, there was Bill Murray, casually hanging out with the stadium's announcer. I shook his hand and we chatted briefly about the team, and I told him I loved his movies, he was very appreciative and hilarious to listen to throughout the night while hanging in the booth. Apparently he's a pretty avid baseball fan. I've seen him at other games since but haven't had the chance to speak with him again as he usually sits up in the skybox, or is actually down with the players in the dugout.

does anyone else see a fat block of text and just skip over it?

Groundhog Day

a movie I could watch everyday.

what did everyone make of his appearance in zombieland. lose any respect for bill murray?

totally agree about groundhog day.

i thought he was great in zombieland. why would anyone lose respect for him? he's made some stinkers, i can't see how he'd lose any credibility for zombieland.

the movie wasn't great and his bit was i dunno i don't remember enjoying his cameo

Caddyshack

:wub:

CaddyShackBillMurrayUnkempt_old.jpg

Fuck yes. Apparently he didn't have one scripted line in that whole movie, all ad-lib'd. Stunning.

Did not know that. Makes it even more impressive.

He's incredibly awesome in Kingpin, which is an overlooked movie. Such a deviant bad guy in that but you still love him.

does anyone else see a fat block of text and just skip over it?

TL;DR: I met Bill Murray, he likes baseball

He's incredibly awesome in Kingpin, which is an overlooked movie. Such a deviant bad guy in that but you still love him.

Fuck yes. Goddamn he is amazing in that. His hair in the final showdown is incredible.

Guest aussie

I liked him when he was a part of the original Saturday Night Live cast, but for films, the movie that really stands out in my mind is 'Groundhog Day'. That was a real classic.

Archived