IGNORED

Things people write on Facebook

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One good (!) friend of mine has a habit of publicly announcing her personal business, break-ups etc ... it's really kind of sad, too:

loyalty and honesty are the only two things I expect from my friends. these are the keystones on which friendship is built. whoever lies to me will have me as their enemy. you knew this, I've been telling you all along. pity you & your loneliness now? I can only laugh at that. You keep the people away from you, with such behavior. I have done nothing wrong.

usually followed by a youtube-link to a song that's somehow themed around saying goodbye. :sad:

Also, her and another friend of mine started a ten day period of fasting & both started a blog about it. The blog posts were so sad... they posted pictures of their food, and one of the blogs was titled "Everyone Can Be A Magician" ... !!! :cry: Wait, what? Fasting + Food? I dunno! I feel too ashamed to even ask.

Are they Muslim? If so, they're allowed to eat before dawn and after sunset.

Edit because messed up terms in english.

Nope, they're as undenominational as it gets I think. Got some Muslim friends on FB too, and they sure don't blog about Ramadan each year... they do post some weird pictures of shitty cgi swords'n'flames from time to time though. Each to their own I guess. :wacko:

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

they do post some weird pictures of shitty cgi swords'n'flames from time to time though. Each to their own I guess. :wacko:

I do this too!

:wacko:

One good (!) friend of mine has a habit of publicly announcing her personal business, break-ups etc ... it's really kind of sad, too:

loyalty and honesty are the only two things I expect from my friends. these are the keystones on which friendship is built. whoever lies to me will have me as their enemy. you knew this, I've been telling you all along. pity you & your loneliness now? I can only laugh at that. You keep the people away from you, with such behavior. I have done nothing wrong.

usually followed by a youtube-link to a song that's somehow themed around saying goodbye. :sad:

Yeah, I've got friends like this too. One posts stuff on twitter like "I'm happily single, but I'd like a nice cute guy to snuggle with" .. followed three days later by "Wouldn't mind a hot guy to treat me nicely, but it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN".. I'm not sure what she's expecting will happen when she posts stuff like that.

Facebook still suckxs IMO. If what you share doesn't look cute or delicious, nobody's gonna give a fuck.
And NSA surveillance can kiss my ass. But if I ditch Facebook, I ditch almost everyone in my life outside of family. Fuckin' dilemma.

i'm only on facebook to keep up with my sister and a couple of friends. i log in every couple of weeks or so. It's a pain in the arse, their posts should be shoe horned into g+ like happens with pop mail for email accounts. This is a great idea, but i'm sure these days with big egos and legal departments and so much advertising revenue on the line that it wouldn't be allowed to happen. Seems like a good idea though.

True. On the other hand, Facebook is a handy tool and enables you to keep track of a lot of people at once since it's so popular, and it's up to you how much personal info you feed it. I don't really understand how it gets so much hate at this point while we should all know at this point that Apple is the real enemy. :cisfor:

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I'm going to throw off the shackles of social media and henceforth only communicate via a combination of Morse code and Semaphore

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Smoke signals could be employed if I go for a walk and get lost, therefore being unable to reach my telegraphy apparatus. The homing pigeons I'd be inclined to reserve for special occasions, such as delivering invitations for events such as wine and cheese evenings and so forth.

I dislike the "real women have fat" "bones are for dogs" "if you don't pick up a cheeseburger you'll fade away into nothing" kind of rhetoric.

Fat people get treated terribly and everything, but I don't think disparaging skinny people is a good reaction.

Archived