IGNORED

Longmont Potion Castle

Guest chunky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

obscure sample spot:

There is a track off the Best of LPC Vol. 1, is the vocal sample used in The Orb-Rolo

"Can you repeat the word Rolo?"

one of the things i've always wondered is who is this bar owner that he keeps calling that seems to be tricked every single fucking time he calls him? The 'we're just looking to get some moisturization recommended to us by Mooki Blaylock' call is absolute genius, the guy at the bar is so stupid that he even repeats the fake musical genre LPC states '..you said caveman?' I want to know who the fuck this guy is (the bar owner)! Once this particular bar owner catches on that it's the same guy he always does the go-to response of 'lose my fucking number buddy' or 'take your medication' its priceless, not just because of how good the moisturization call is but how many times he's called the same guy. I'm blown away truly

'it goes a little something like "triple double check double flip triple check"'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3pVTdOd7I

this one is awesome, it's almost poetic and it sounds improvised. impressive stuff all around.

notice how the electronics boutique guy has absolutely no comment about the pitch/granular delay he's using and just innocently listens to the whole thing

• 1 month later...

watch this at your own peril, but theres a short cameo from LPC on this show:

[youtubehd]21jOl3uyKGw[/youtubehd]

not quite what i expected him to look like, but close.

• 3 months later...
Guest zaphod

[youtubehd]ty6Hjc3A_-I[/youtubehd]

love how he barely keeps it together in this one

i feel like tim heidecker borrowed a lot of his delivery from lpc, but it's probably coincidental

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anyone ever heard of this geezer? Found out about it on the electrical audio forums recently. This bored American bloke has been prank calling people for 20 years and selling the records/CDs of his best tracks. Gotta admit to being obsessed with this over the last few days since hearing of it for the first time... I know it's wrong but it's extremely funny when this guy makes people angry. He speaks a load of indecipherable babble about digital signatures and paypal payments, then people just explode with the most ridiculous rants

Thanks for starting this thread so many years ago. LPC is heaven.

I was born and raised in Longmont, never knew about this guy until a few years ago. He's probably 7-10 years older than me. So funny to hear familiar businesses on the other end, like the Orange Julius at the (now defunct) Twin Peaks Mall and Twist & Shout (record shop).

• 1 year later...

Archived