IGNORED

EPL 2012-2013

YO303

That Barry goal shows a total lack of communication, Barry, before entering the area looks at the southampton payer so to him he needed to get there first but the city defender that had it cover (zabaleta?) needed to shout at barry which probably he didn't (and if he did, it was too late which caused barry to react the way he did)

I feel sorry for Barry because he was having a good season and that goal was not entirely his fault, the defender who had the southampton player cover needed to be faster at letting barry know he had it cover.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, the entire City defense was shambolic yesterday, especially in the middle. You couldn't count how many times Lescott, Zabaleta, and Garcia tried and failed to trap Lambert or Puncheon.

Guest Ron Manager

That Barry own goal was so...mechanical...that it kinda screamed Match Fixing.

Then, I remembered, this is the inevitable collapse that follows for all these billionaire owned clubs when the players collectively realize, "It's not as fun to be champs when the game is rigged."

+ Mancini. Needs to go.

Definitely one that looks bad, but nowhere near as bad as some of them. Anyone remember John Arne Riise's added time diving header own goal against Chelsea in the CL semi-final a few years ago? My favourite OG ever, and not one that I think will be topped for a long time in terms of how purposeful it looked...

Also, collapse - lol. 2 draws and a loss on the trot. Not exactly title-winning form, but not exactly a collapse. I suspect that United will still win it but the gap will narrow.

I'm happy with Mancini. As I've said before, there's no one I'd rather have more apart from Mourinho.

That Barry goal shows a total lack of communication, Barry, before entering the area looks at the southampton payer so to him he needed to get there first but the city defender that had it cover (zabaleta?) needed to shout at barry which probably he didn't (and if he did, it was too late which caused barry to react the way he did)

I feel sorry for Barry because he was having a good season and that goal was not entirely his fault, the defender who had the southampton player cover needed to be faster at letting barry know he had it cover.

agreed, it's miscommunication but still unfortunate. I think if Barry doesn't do something then the Southampton player beats Zabaleta (or Clichy? can't remember / tell from the gif... whoever it is looks stationary) to it.

Guest Ron Manager

Yeah, the entire City defense was shambolic yesterday, especially in the middle. You couldn't count how many times Lescott, Zabaleta, and Garcia tried and failed to trap Lambert or Puncheon.

The only thing that puzzles me is that Garcia was preferred to K Toure. But I'm not watching them in training everyday, so who am I to decide?

Mancini's biggest mistake yesterday was putting Yaya Toure, the guy looked so tired, he was over run by a mediocre southampton midfield (cook and schneiderlin), why not play Garcia in the middle in front of a back 3.

Guest Mirezzi

I don't agree that it was embarrassing. WBA defended incredibly well and Ben Foster was superb. They scored on a set piece that caught Liverpool napping, then countered in stoppage time to seal it.

They were positively Italian tonight!

Fucking brilliant 3 points.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how Suarez reverted to being a pathetic toothy cunt again with that penalty.

A few minutes before that Barry o.g Lambert played a similar ball into the box which Puncheon got to. he blasted it over, but I'm pretty sure Barry remembered this and was worried about someone running on to it. This match is just as much about how well Southampton played as it is Manchester City fucking up!

Guest Ron Manager

well that's completely fucked my FPL team...

lol, presume you have Gerrard as captain? Decided against bringing him in and have been thinking the last few days that I was going to regret it, so I'm quite pleased that he's scored 0 for this first one... I have Suarez as captain, bastard went and got himself booked in the last few seconds. I'm basically hoping for a 7-5 thriller in Liverpool vs Swansea, hat trick for Ben Davies and 4 for Suarez. Although I think most people have at least those two, so to be honest as long as Michu and Gerrard are silenced it makes fuck-all difference for me.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

would everton get europa with 5th? if so that would do me! don,t want us in chumps league and we go out 1st round with a really tough draw,to be honest tho i think we,ll finish pretty much where we are now-6th/7th

Yep, I think 6th is about right. I obviously allowed my bias to effect me when filling out the scores.

Is it wrong that I actually think I would enjoy seeing Arry's horrible melty face if QPR went down on goal difference, by one goal?

Swansea's defence is abysmal today.

Probably the worst defending I've seen this year in the EPL.

Don't understand Laudrup's decision to rest so many of his starters. Cup final is a week away. Anyways, absolutely abysmal performance by Swansea.

The pressure on Wenger is intense at the moment.

I said his time was probably up after the Blackburn defeat. But the more I think about it, the worse idea it seems. I still think he's a great manager, and Arsenal needs him. But the pressure on him could be good. Maybe he'll be forced not to rely to heavily on average players going forward *cough* Gervinho *cough*

And hopefully he won't still too stubborn to spend heavy this summer (the money is there).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived