IGNORED

EPL 2012-2013

YO303

Liverpool has had some amazing performances in handful of matches this year.

And yet they haven't been in the ChL spot once this season (right?). They need to improve their consistency, and maybe they'll already next year be able to fight for the ChL spots (with or without Suarez)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoever approved bringing a bunch of second-rate french players should be sacked. I think after the success of last season they went to France and bought every affordable player they could find, i dont know what they were thinking to be honest, no thought behind it.

whoever approved bringing a bunch of second-rate french players should be sacked. I think after the success of last season they went to France and bought every affordable player they could find, i dont know what they were thinking to be honest, no thought behind it.

The problem was there before Pardieu-gate, actually new players gave short living ascent, peaking with wins over Chelsea and in Europa League. These players themselves are in no way second-rate - Debuchy and Yanga-Mbiwa being best on their position in France, national team level no doubt. Sissoko and Haidara are young and highly-rated for some time potential stars. Only Gouffran is someone doubtable out of winters bunch. It's just not the way how you integrate players into squad, it's forced. I think someone more physically french like Wenger can do CL qualification with this squad, given pre-season training.

The problem was there before Pardieu-gate, actually new players gave short living ascent, peaking with wins over Chelsea and in Europa League. These players themselves are in no way second-rate - Debuchy and Yanga-Mbiwa being best on their position in France, national team level no doubt. Sissoko and Haidara are young and highly-rated for some time potential stars. Only Gouffran is someone doubtable out of winters bunch. It's just not the way how you integrate players into squad, it's forced. I think someone more physically french like Wenger can do CL qualification with this squad, given pre-season training.

I agree with all this but I fear we will be relegated. We are awful at the moment and probably won't get another point.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, so, Benteke is rather good and Belgium have pound-for-pound one of the Top Ten squads in the world at the moment.

So, hats off to you, Christian, and thanks for bitch-slapping The Fascist.

I think Villa just secured their position in the top flight.

Guest Ron Manager

Belgium's squad is enviable, but for some reason it reminds me of the England team and I get the feeling they may flop come World Cup...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, as fucking incredible as it sounds given the season they had in 2012, it looks like Newcastle could get the boot. I think it's between Newcastle and Norwich.

Newcastle have QPR away, where they should take all three points if they have any blood in their hearts left. Still, QPR are due, especially at home. Then Newcastle have Arsenal at home and both teams will have a lot riding on the outcome. Based on recent form, however, I think Arsenal is more motivated to play Champions League football than Newcastle is to stay in the Premiership.

Pardew is a clown and has lost all credibility. The first thing he does after the draw with West Ham, thanks to a massively self-inflated ego, is complain about his treatment in the northeast press. Awww, poor Awan! Give me a break. You wanted all these French fuckers and now you got 'em. The only positives for Newcastle at the moment are the returns of Ben Arfa and Coloccini. It has to be said that Coloccini steadied their defense this week and if Ben Arfa can find a lick of form, they should get the points they so desperately need from QPR.

Wigan have so much momentum, a fantastic manager, and an in-form threat in Maloney. Assuming they take care of business with the nothing-to-play-for Swansea, they should be level on points on Tuesday. Unfortunately for them, they have Man City and Arsenal away to finish the season, so I think they're still in trouble.

So, based on remaining fixtures, I think it's a coin flip between two horrific squads in Norwich and Newcastle. Even with the champion decided, this is going to be awesome, watching these teams battling it out to either go to Europe or stay in the Premiership.

Guest Mirezzi

Here's my predictor thingy. I see Norwich going down on goal differential. Even if Newcastle only get two points from their final matches, they should be safe. Even if they only manage ONE point, I don't see them falling on GD with the likes of Wigan and Norwich.

So, upon further consideration, I think it's down to Wigan and Norwich.

T9Mjw4R.png

I also have Arsenal squeaking through to the CL on goal difference. Poor Tottenham. lol.

Guest Mirezzi

Sunderland completely shitting the bed. Craig Gardner, my my, what a useless prick. He just helped fuck his team even more than it was already quite readily fucking itself!

I love it. Football in the northeast is in tatters.

Sadly I think Wigan's luck has run out, which is a shame because they have some exciting players and Laudrup will clearly leave them and head into a big club.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Stupid Swansea.

Now I've got Snr Martinez to look forward to at Everton. He'll probably bring a slightly more attractive style of football with him but I fear his defensive strategems will see us at least 10 points further down the table each season. On the plus side, less success equals more pressure on the fraud Kenwright. Moyes is his shield.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Haha! I'd rather have Jimmy Tarbuck as manager than Alan Pardew.

But seriously, I'm rather upset.

Fuck ManU and (now) Villa for gift-wrapping Chelsea's last 6 points and guaranteeing CL for Special One, Terrycloth and the Magic Bus of Dbags next year. A goal & man up 60+ minutes in, on your home pitch, what could possibly go wrong? Oh right, Aston Villa.

Archived