IGNORED

EPL 2012-2013

YO303

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Harry Redknapp for running another club into the ground.

To be fair this time it was not his fault. Mark Huges bought (and overpaid) a bunch of over 30's players who only went there for the money, harry redknapp did not have enough time/budget to get rid of all mark huges' player and bring his own.

QPR are playing better under Harry but the thing is the players are still uninterested and only there for the money.

To be fair this time it was not his fault. Mark Huges bought (and overpaid) a bunch of over 30's players who only went there for the money, harry redknapp did not have enough time/budget to get rid of all mark huges' player and bring his own.

QPR are playing better under Harry but the thing is the players are still uninterested and only there for the money.

Redknapp did sign Samba though on £100k pw. The signings by both Hughes and Redknapp will cripple QPR and send them down several leagues, I'm sure.

Yeah, samba is one of the worst singings ever. No parachute money will save QPR now, in the summer they'll have to get rid of 95 percent of that squad and buy mediocre championship and league one players and hope they dont end up like Portsmouth.

I don't know what Mark Huges was thinking with buying those players, he got to be one of the worst managers, i wouldn't trust him with a sunday league team.

The story that makes me laugh about Hughes is that he was never on the training pitch, he was always distant from the players and thought he was some kind of amazing manager who could just delegate everything to his coaches and assistants. He would lose the players and changing-room immediately and leave others to try and repair it. I found it baffling that QPR took him on/tapped him up at Fulham, and that he probably still sees a future for himself in management, he obviously has no skills whatsoever.

I don't know what Mark Huges was thinking with buying those players, he got to be one of the worst managers, i wouldn't trust him with a sunday league team.

He's just proving the point that being a great player doesn't make you a good manager. He's fucking terrible. Wish he would have stayed on at citeh.

Redknapp did sign Samba though on £100k pw. The signings by both Hughes and Redknapp will cripple QPR and send them down several leagues, I'm sure.

Yes, this was what I was referring to.

It's Portsmouth all over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Its very possible for City to win the title, i dont know why the media is saying City have a "slim chance . United have Chelsea and Arsenal, if they lose those two and draw one or two (and City win their remaining games).......

Guest Ron Manager

possible, but unlikely. United only have to win 2 of their last 5. can't see that not happening. i think the gap will close though, as i've always maintained, maybe 6-8 points by end of the season.

United didnt even break a sweat this season, worst title defending i've ever seen, city were so shit this season.

Yeah Citeh definitely regressed this season, although I'd argue a little that it was a regression to the mean... they were exceptional last year with a squad which on paper probably did overachieve. Some of the superlatives that were thrown about regarding some of the players got ridiculous! To be honest I can't see United being challenged next year either unless City go crazy and buy 5-6 quality players. Chelsea will step up however.

Manchester FC:

De Gea

Zabaleta Kompany Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Toure ???

Rooney RVP

Lots of uncertainties surrounding Chelsea, I don't think they'll get fourth because of their fixture list, which is

FC Basel V Chelsea Thu 25 Apr 20:05

Chelsea V Swansea Sun 28 Apr 15:00

Chelsea V FC Basel Thu 2 May 20:05

Man Utd V Chelsea Sun 5 May 16:00

Chelsea V Tottenham Wed 8 May 19:45

Aston Villa V Chelsea Sat 11 May 12:45

Chelsea V Everton Sun 19 May 16:00

Their first leg is away which means they're unlikely to go into the second leg at home with a huge goal advantage, so they can't play a weakened team. Regardless Benitez wants a trophy for his cv over fourth so those games against man united and tottenham and aston villa over 7 days are key. They'll have a new manager, and unless it's Mourinho or Ancellotti they'll be new to the english premier league, and even though Mourinho broke a points tally record in his first season, that was with the in-prime trio of Lampard, Terry and Drogba. I suppose, and I hope it won't prove true, that Oscar, Mata and Hazard are all too good to not be in contention, but if they don't get champions league football players of the calibre of Hazard won't go to the club.

I think Tottenham will be in contention next season, with Harry they were for a few months talked of for the title, Harry didn't rotate, all the players got knackered, and they ended fourth. This season they've beat Man United, Arsenal and Man City, they can beat anyone and every team is more scared of them than any other team in the league. Chelsea will miss fourth meaning Tottenham will get champions league football, Bale will stay and may want to only stay for a year, and if so he'll give everything. Sandro will be back, they'll definitely buy a striker and winger so Defoe and Lennon aren't relied on so heavily. Dembele will resume his solid partnership with Sandro which is one of the best in the league.

Their only problem is scoring at home when teams sit back and they get frustrated and shoot from afar and are generally ineffective. They score a lot of goals in the second half. But that also shows their resolve and that Villas Boas knows how to change a game with substitutions. AVB knows how to use Bale. He was anonymous against Man City and with not long to go AVB put him on the right, he immediately made an assist with an impossible outside of left foot dead straight pass then was on the end of a through ball.

Man City won the league through a buzz that lifted the team and created that feeling that something special was happening, and I think if Tottenham start next season with 5 confident wins they'll believe they can win the league. They have the best player in the league, one of the best keepers, one of the best defenders, one of the best wingers, the best midfield partnership, they just need to get the right striker...

wish fulfillment...cup competitions and injuries complicate everything..but in theory and completely ignoring the qualities of all the other teams who will be just as hungry, then.. And...Bale. He's won games on his own like Van Persie has won the league on his own and i think Bale will do the same next season. Logic and impossible odds don't seem to affect him..

Guest Ron Manager

Manchester FC:

De Gea

Rooney RVP

i'd take Hart over De Gea any day!

definitely the worst Premier League season in a good few years. just hasn't been exciting. United weren't even that good, but everyone else has just been so mediocre. Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham should have been able to take more advantage of two less-than-great Manchester sides. there have been so many classic matches in recent seasons, but i'm struggling to remember any from this year...

Manchester FC:

De Gea

Rooney RVP

definitely the worst Premier League season in a good few years. just hasn't been exciting. United weren't even that good, but everyone else has just been so mediocre. Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham should have been able to take more advantage of two less-than-great Manchester sides. there have been so many classic matches in recent seasons, but i'm struggling to remember any from this year...

At the half way point I would have agreed, but Hart has been below par for a while and De Gea continues to improve.

Zabaleta vs Rafael was hard. Still not sure who gets in at left wing. Maybe Welbeck? Or move Rooney back and bring in Aguero.

Manchester FC:

De Gea

Rooney RVP

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8627549/Contrasting-keepers

Guest Ron Manager

isn't 'goalkeeper error' a bit of a subjective statistic? anyway, yes, i suppose De Gea's been the better of the two as this season has progressed, but i'd still take Hart over him - call it national or club bias (probably both), or just the fact that i end up watching Hart a lot more and thus see him making great saves more often.

on the subject of keepers, Thibaut Courtois has had a pretty tremendous season in Spain. would be interesting to see him back in England next year, perhaps on loan at a PL club: http://www.football365.com/spanish-thing/8651895/Chelsea-s-Courtois-A-Huge-Hit-In-La-Liga...

Guest Ron Manager

i really didn't think Jaaskelainen still had it, but he's been instrumental in West Ham's decent showing this year. definitely one of the best in the league over the last decade.

Archived