IGNORED

EPL 2012-2013

YO303

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.. And the winning goal was handball. Wigan dont deserve to be in this division, their stadium is always empty and their football is bullshit, every goal they scored is a mistake by the other team.

Every year I hope Wigan go down... And every year they manages to survive by the skin of their teeth.

It's funny because there is a team almost identical to Wigan, in the danish Superliga. They are called Sønderjyske, and they have the smallest stadium, no fans, and they are always playing the worst football in the league. And every single season that everyone predicts/wants them down, they always manages to get a good run by the end of the season, and then survive.

.. And the winning goal was handball. Wigan dont deserve to be in this division, their stadium is always empty and their football is bullshit, every goal they scored is a mistake by the other team.

what is this bullshit? So because they're a small team/club and they don't play like Barca they suddenly don't deserve to be in the PL? I think they actually play some pretty decent football and I like how they're from a small town where football isn't even the biggest sport. It gives something for the majority of league clubs to aspire to and also Whelan is a bit of a clown, Martinez is an exciting young manager and I hope he keeps Wigan up.

Their football is bullshit because they always relied on how the other team is playing rather than imposing their style into the game. I get that the players they have are not good enough to play the style Martinez wants to play but waiting around for the other team to make a mistake is a bullshit strategy.

I dont have a problem with small teams but look at their homes games, the stadium is so dead and empty, its almost depressing, maybe if they move to a smaller stadium i'll change my mind about their fan base.

I hope Martinez get a better job, i think hes a good manager.

Maybe my Wigan rant was a bit silly. I don't mind a team just because they are small. I'm really liking Swansea this year for example. And I would love to see a club like Watford being promoted this year.

But something about Wigan just rubs me the wrong way. I don't like how they stand in the way for so many other great clubs. It's not the clubs size, but their lack of identity.

Guest Mirezzi

I watched the Newcastle / Wigan highlights on MOTD through palmed face. Not so much as a foul given for the tackle on Haidara (whose knee ligaments are very likely pulverized), then a handball flick in the box to score the winning goal.

Fuck Wigan. There are small clubs that would earn and deserve to be in the PL. Wigan just ain't one of 'em.

Agree that I hope Martinez gets a better job, although his defense of McManaman made me want to kick his nuts.

Wigan owner Dave Whelan and manager Roberto Martinez have been quick to leap to the defence of Massadio Haidara's assailant Callum McManaman, claiming he is not that kind of player.

Oh really?

Taken from the match report for the Manchester City v Wigan Athletic U21 league game on March 1st, 2011:

John Guidetti scored a late winner as City's Elite Development Squad returned to winning ways against Wigan.

However, the gloss was taken off the victory when former Barcelona youngster Gai Assulin was stretchered off in the 90th-minute following a reckless tackle by Latics' Callum McManaman which led to his second yellow and resulting red card.

As yet, there is no update on Assulin, who left the pitch in a leg brace, or the extent of his injury.

Here's a reminder of what bumbling fool and SkySports News favourite blatherer, Whelan dribbled out earlier:

"The ball was there and McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball, as clear as a whistle, then followed through and they collided. He hasn't gone over the ball. That's an accident.

“When I broke my leg in the (1960 FA) cup final it was exactly the same type of tackle. We both went for the ball. It brought back memories. It ruined my career.

"I am not going to criticise Norman Deeley - these things happen in football. He came over the ball, but he didn't do it with the aim of breaking my leg."

That'll be the same Dave Whelan who told the Lancashire Telegraph in May 2010 that:

"Norman Deeley came right over the ball. Today he would have been sent off and banned for a long time. He came six inches over the ball, he came for me not the ball."

Make your mind up you silly old bugger.

The long-time adversary of Mike Ashley continued:

"Can I say to the Newcastle player that I hope you're soon well and hope you don't miss any matches, it was a pure accident and so we wish you a speedy recovery.

"I was watching the match and the referee was only 15 to 10 yards away, the ball came down between the two players, they both went for it. Our lad got the ball, no question he got the ball, but they collided - the still pictures look like he has gone for the player and gone over it, but he didn't, he got the ball.

"The referee was only 10 yards away and didn't even give the foul - it was a fair challenge, you have to see it all - our lad went for the ball, and they collided, it is football. It is tough game but it was an accident.

"We have to have 100 per cent commitment from every player, and I don't care who you're playing - they were fighting for the ball as much as ours - but our lads won't be unfair.

"It was a complete accident and hope the lad from Newcastle recovers quickly."

Guest Mirezzi

ibv9HssaFixQeJ.gif

cobra_kai.jpg

Dave Whelan also thinks black players should have their own negro league. The guy is so fucking old school (and a maniac on top of that)

Exactly, and yet another reason Wigan should be playing Conference football.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

I think I've written something similar before but...

Wigan are OK. That tackle was awful but their players don't usually behave in such a manner and their football is generally pretty good IMHO. They destroyed Everton in the FA Cup for example. Considering Martinez's budget he's done very well. I don't like the attitude that if a smaller club is reactive or overly defensive against richer opponents then they are undeserving. If Martinez had a consistent Pardew-sized budget then perhaps that criticism would be fair. But he does not (and yet still manages decent football).

There are plenty of other teams in the PL who play worse football and/or have more detestable characters than that McManananananam young lad. Stoke? Suarez? Personally, I'm pleased they are still in the league and would much prefer any of QPR, Reading, Southampton, Sunderland or Villa to go down in their place.

Newcastle fans... it's crap to lose but really, you're not playing for anything in the league, stop crying.

Wigan are OK. That tackle was awful but their players don't usually behave in such a manner and their football is generally pretty good IMHO. They destroyed Everton in the FA Cup for example. Considering Martinez's budget he's done very well. I don't like the attitude that if a smaller club is reactive or overly defensive against richer opponents then they are undeserving. If Martinez had a consistent Pardew-sized budget then perhaps that criticism would be fair. But he does not (and yet still manages decent football).

There are plenty of other teams in the PL who play worse football and/or have more detestable characters than that McManananananam young lad. Stoke? Suarez? Personally, I'm pleased they are still in the league and would much prefer any of QPR, Reading, Southampton, Sunderland or Villa to go down in their place.

Newcastle fans... it's crap to lose but really, you're not playing for anything in the league, stop crying.

well said. agree completely.

Guest Mirezzi

I agree with most of that except the criticism of Wigan's supporters and their stupid fucking owner. You can't argue around that.

Also, McManaman will pay the price for this fuckup and maybe it'll right him for the future.

I doubt he's got a taste for blood and will suddenly go Ryan Shawcross on us.

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

I don't think I've ever met a Wigan fan or been to a game their team were contesting, so I can't really comment on them either way tbh.

Whelan strikes me as a bit of a rich Northener bully. He has a lot of power and influence in his neck of the woods, and has done for a while, and seems to think everyone else should care what he thinks. He used to own a sports chain (JJB) and I'm sure I read somewhere that he told Mike Ashley - who was also into the vending of crap tracksuits - that 'the North was a closed shop' or something like that. In a grim, threatening, Northen English mafia type way. In a Red Riding way if you like. (Maybe Ashley was particularly disappointed with the weekend result). But in fairness, he has done very well in getting Wigan to the premier league and just about keeping them there. So far.

Edited to say: Looks like Mcmanananaman has gotten away with it. It looks like an air shot to me, he totally missed the ball and unfortunately hit the player instead. Reckless and a definite red, but nothing more.

Guest Mirezzi

By supporters, I mean the complete fucking lack of them. Promote a team that actually bothers to show up to home fixtures.

I think McManaman deserved a 1-3 match ban, but fuck it, whatever. Dude left his fucking feet!

Guest Ron Manager

Dave Whelan also thinks black players should have their own negro league. The guy is so fucking old school (and a maniac on top of that)

source?

Archived