IGNORED

Prison Planet 2012

roasty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RandySicko

You want to talk about narcissism? That's why half the freakin world is on sites like facebook and twitter. Between that and things like DARPA's siri, everyone will be covered

No one is providing any details on why they would monitor 600,000 million mostly mundane lives and do this while not breaching the constitution etc. The only thing I do illegally is smoke weed, but even that is gonna be legalized before there is some kind of prison planet lol! The government is corrupt sure, but they want to keep people comfortable and happy, not start some kind of home privacy invasion.

No one is providing any details on why they would monitor 600,000 million mostly mundane lives and do this while not breaching the constitution etc. The only thing I do illegally is smoke weed, but even that is gonna be legalized before there is some kind of prison planet lol! The government is corrupt sure, but they want to keep people comfortable and happy, not start some kind of home privacy invasion.

the NSA has already done what you describe, it was well documented by even mainstream media like the NY times during the Bush administration. They did violate the constitution, as do most of the provisions in the patriot act, which are the same legal loop holes they use to torture people.

the chilling effect will only grow in this country and others, and the chilling effect as a psychological condition is undeniably already effecting us and the way we behave

you should check out this Jon Turley speech, he's the master at explaining why our erosions of privacy are leading us into a bad place, and why it's not alarmist to voice heavy concerns about it.

Guest RandySicko

A shepherd has to tend to (monitor) his sheep to make sure they arent led astray.

They have and are still breaching the constitution ..but people will trade freedom for security any day, right? Incrementalism.

I can't watch this video this second, but I will give it a peep when I get home soon. You are telling me that the Government actively listens to my phone conversations?

They do. http://www.smartplan...py-on-you/26857

I can't watch this video this second, but I will give it a peep when I get home soon. You are telling me that the Government actively listens to my phone conversations?

no, but i'm saying that they can, and they can get away with it with post 9/11 legal loop holes. What's important here is the 'chilling effect' that increasing surveillance creates. People's behavior changes when they think they are being watched, and all the countless news stories that have come out over the years talking about NSA employees listening in to normal people having phone sex and things like that, i personally believe has a psychological effect on us all whether we realize it or not.

A shepherd has to tend to (monitor) his sheep to make sure they arent led astray.

They have and are still breaching the constitution ..but people will trade freedom for security any day, right? Incrementalism.

To what extent though, that's what I am not getting any info on. Sure there is the Patriot Act, which I don't agree with... but I assume they don't abuse that to the point that they will just randomly check up on some of us. Our lives aren't that interesting and we aren't doing anything that is of interest to them. I think it should be outlawed, but the logistics involved with monitoring everyone is too insane to be possible. And like I said, all that I do that really breaches federal law is smoke weed... I don't think they are gonna spend resources building some kind of case against me for that... at least until someone shows me evidence that they have gone after people for something that minor with the Patriot Act.

you are forgetting also about political activism, you may not be in danger of being targeted for surveillance compson, but people like my sister for instance would be, for committing no crime. So you're in the clear, this is probably true, but it's not useful to believe 'im not doing anything wrong anyways, they have nothing interesting to spy on' since it only applies to you personally.

at least until someone shows me evidence that they have gone after people for something that minor with the Patriot Act.

if i had the time i could compile over 50 cases for you, but google is pretty effective now adays. Go out and educate yourself on how the government has used the patriot act to do things to non terrorists. Not a direct example but In my own personal world, 2 friends of a friend went to jail for 'eco terrorism' for burning down an abandoned building. There arson charges would have normally been 1 year maximum, but they were sentenced to jail for 7 years because of extra terrorism charges from the patriot act.

you are forgetting also about political activism, you may not be in danger of being targeted for surveillance compson, but people like my sister for instance would be, for committing no crime. So you're in the clear, this is probably true, but it's not useful to believe 'im not doing anything wrong anyways, they have nothing interesting to spy on' since it only applies to you personally.

at least until someone shows me evidence that they have gone after people for something that minor with the Patriot Act.

if i had the time i could compile over 50 cases for you, but google is pretty effective now adays. Go out and educate yourself on how the government has used the patriot act to do things to non terrorists. Not a direct example but In my own personal world, 2 friends of a friend went to jail for 'eco terrorism' for burning down an abandoned building. There arson charges would have normally been 1 year maximum, but they were sentenced to jail for 7 years because of extra terrorism charges from the patriot act.

Your sister has been targeted by the Patriot Act? Of course that kind of abuse is beyond what I am talking about, but I still have yet to see much evidence to suggest that activists are being penalized for freedom of speech. America after all is one of the best countries in regards to preserving freedom of speech laws. http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

Why did your friends burn this building down? Im not defending the sentence but I need some context on why they did that and if that could be considered eco-terrorism. What evidence was gathered against them using the Patriot Act?

RandySicko: critical thinker.

RandySicko: critical thinker.

That list is for social media... which in many cases is public under the agreement of facebook etc.

In that same link they point this out: http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2012/01/30/this-is-what-happens-when-you-joke-about-destroying-america-on-twitter/

So yeah, unless you are going on forums/social media websites and saying some stupid shit about hurting people, you aren't being monitored. At least as far as I can tell.

Your sister has been targeted by the Patriot Act?

no, but many activists have been. For example political activists find themselves on terrorist watch lists when they have to get on a flight and cannot get on an airplane. I don't really understand where you're coming from about privacy rights encroachment not being a problem, unless you were just not paying any attention to the post 9/11 shift during 2001-2008. Jon turley is just one among thousands of privacy rights law experts who unanimously agree that after 9/11 our freedoms shrunk significantly as a population whether you 'feel' them in your personal life or not. If you form your opinion on how many rights we as a population have left based on what you're able to do in your own personal universe and online on messageboards is not taking the whole picture into account, it's sort of solipsistic actually.

It's not my job to provide you with links on each and every privacy encroachment and overstepping of surveillance on innocent political activists, websites like the Electronic Frontier Foundation and ACLU already have a database of documented cases.

Your sister has been targeted by the Patriot Act?

no, but many activists have been. For example political activists find themselves on terrorist watch lists when they have to get on a flight and cannot get on an airplane. I don't really understand where you're coming from about privacy rights encroachment not being a problem, unless you were just not paying any attention to the post 9/11 shift during 2001-2008. Jon turley is just one among thousands of privacy rights law experts who unanimously agree that after 9/11 our freedoms shrunk significantly as a population whether you 'feel' them in your personal life or not. If you form your opinion on how many rights we as a population have left based on what you're able to do in your own personal universe and online on messageboards is not taking the whole picture into account, it's sort of solipsistic actually.

I'm not saying its not a problem... but this thread is saying "the end of privacy" and that there is no hope... which isn't directly aimed at what your saying at all. I'm concerned about it and will do what I can to elect officials that share the same discontent with the encroachment of our rights.. but I'm not about to pack my bags and live in the northern most livable point of Canada because the Patriot Act targets people on social media outlets that suggest causing harm to others. Some articles about these activist who can't fly would be helpful in establishing how radical of an activist you must be for them to black list you.

Still need to watch the video you posted... no need to gather evidence for me, just was asking because I don't know where to look.

Trapwire surveillance linked to Anonymizer and transport smart cards

Anonymizer, the company that brings you free anonymous email facilities, called nyms, as well as similar secure services used by activists all over the world, is actually owned by Cubic Corporations, the parent company that owns Abraxis, which in turn owns Trapwire. So, it’s possible, if not probable that all those activists around the world who believe their emails are safe may well be sending messages that go straight into Trapwire, the surveillance system that monitors activists. This could be lifted straight out of a political conspiracy movie – but it isn’t. Furthermore, Cubic Corporation runs transport smart cards around the world, including USA, Australia and London (Oyster card): a link with Trapwire too?

Archived