IGNORED

Jazz-Funk/Fusion

Npoess

• 1 month later...

has anyone mentioned tower of power yet?

if not, that's kinda weird

they always struck me as mostly funky, tiny bit of jazz... but i only ever spent much time with one album. good stuff at any rate!

didn't look at all the youtubes but check out Fontanelle if you don't already know em (two releases on Kranky and a new one is due out on Southern Lord next month).

Edited by luke viia

Michel Portal :

• 2001 Minneapolis (Universal) with Tony Hymas, Sonny Thompson, Michael Bland, Vernon Reid
  • 2002 Minneapolis We Insist ! (Universal), with Tony Hymas, Jef Lee Johnson, Sonny Thompson, Michael Bland, Vernon Reid
  • 2007 Birdwatcher (Universal), with Tony Malaby, Tony Hymas, Erik Fratzke, François Moutin, Airto Moreira, JT Bates, Jef Lee Johnson, Sonny Thompson, Michael Bland

Excellent Jazz-Funk Fusion albums. Minneapolis We Insist! is a live album.

Jef Lee Johnson, Michael Bland & Sonny Thompson : 2001 News from the Jungle (Universal) - Another Jazz-Funk Fusion, but with guitar-bass-drum only!

• 4 weeks later...

lots of great stuff in this thread i had never heard of. my only knowledge of this stuff is with the 3 herbie hancock albums i have (headhunters, thrust, and man-child), which are all excellent. i only recently found out about this track, which is really neither funk, or jazz, but is almost kinda related, being a Funkadelic track, and i've been playing the shit out of it for a few months now.
[youtubehd]a9MgoRIXEqc[/youtubehd]

• 8 years later...