IGNORED

Death Grips - No Love Deep Web

Guest Aserinsky

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...I feel like it takes too much effort to enjoy it, you have to almost imagine stuff that isn`t actually there (and you have to know his previous works to do that).

I'd never heard anything by them aside from that gullotine vid before this album, and the impact was immediate for me. It hit me in the gut from the first track and kept that feeling all the way to the end. I'm really looking forward to hearing their earlier work since by most accounts it's even stronger, but this album definitely stands on its own for me.

I love how his voice gets hoarse on the first song, like he can barely sing anymore.

Yeah that's got to be one of the coolest performances I've heard out of any rap artist. Sold.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWdpEnJfxI

okay, watched this earlier today and it's affected a little how i feel about this band. i don't like how they're basically spelling it out how "unique" and "bored" they are with everything in the world- and i also don't get the sudden urgency to get out of their record contract. perhaps if they're trying to make a statement about how artists can take more control of "how and when" their music is released- but is this move really going to change things?

i guess what i'm trying to say is that they seems more (now) that they're driven by their ego and attitude rather than their muzik.

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald
I really hate those toms live. They sound so flat. And where the fuck is flatlander? Stop playing your tracks behind you live.

Flatlander's position in the group is currently 'unknown' according to the recent SPIN article about them. So really Death Grips is now just a duo that are still unsure of how really they want to (or not that concerned how they) perform live.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Aserinsky

If Flatlander were to return in time for when I see them live in Brighton on 3rd of May (if any WATMMer is interested, you can buy tickets here and if you send me a message you're going I might even get a pint for you!), that'd make me very happy indeed.

Guest homo detritus

I think we're missed the important question here:

Who's dick is that?

Why you even want to know? lol ;P

Well I´m wondering what the dickhead says i cannot tell.

Regarding the album "art", hmm I sort of like because I am kind of gay even though Im really not.

Actually though its tasteless and unnecessarily provocative, what about teeh eeh sensitive fans? :cry:

Gets me intrigued though at least, never heard of them, what the FUCK kind of music is this??

:cerious:

Is it like even weirder than the music of the main man whom we all hold in so high regard?? :mu-ziq:

I think we're missed the important question here:

Who's dick is that?

Why you even want to know? lol ;P

Well I´m wondering what the dickhead says i cannot tell.

Regarding the album "art", hmm I sort of like because I am kind of gay even though Im really not.

Actually though its tasteless and unnecessarily provocative, what about teeh eeh sensitive fans? :cry:

Gets me intrigued though at least, never heard of them, what the FUCK kind of music is this??

Is it like even weirder than the music of the main man whom we all hold in so high regard?? :mu-ziq:

mike paradinas?

when i'm euphoric and i got some beers this is the shit for me, just blast it out of the speakers and go ape

the art is awesome i wish it was mine one the cover

Guest homo detritus

NO, the main man, not that other guy. That is clearly him with glasses.

Fulfill your wish man, make an emulation, should be easy enough.

If the cover is illustrative of the contents though, and its like genitalia vibes all up in your ear,

then I can prolly dig it.

Guest Aserinsky

Flatlander's back.

DG about to play live in the Boiler Room (yeah, the Boiler Room) in the next hour, stream here

Mount Kimbie have just finished, looks like they're just setting up now. Am I glad I decided to spend the night staying up drinking coffee :emotawesomepm9:

Scrap that, Lunice is playing now instead. Guess it'd fit the bill so they have a chance to set up the stage.

Guest Aserinsky

Did he just intentionally try to deafen Fantano with mic feedback? AND THEN headbutt the cameraman!?!?

This performance is mental though, technically there's so many things going wrong but somehow its so unhinged it works. If they substituted the Google Glasses for pig masks this would be the hip hop version of a V/Vm concert.

Archived