IGNORED

Room 237 / Doctor Sleep

Soloman Tump

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085910/

Read about this in the new issue of Empire (and it made me realise I have never actually seen the US extended cut of the movie, anyone seen it, and what does it include?).

Hoping this has a theatrical release, and they also show the movie before/afterwards which would make a great night out.

Might actually be quite a good documentary, I know there are about 50,000 different conspiracy theories surrounding this film, and I would bet that some of the coincidences / observations were accidental... still...

http://room237movie.com/the-film/

Guest Gary C

Is this the one about Kubrick trying to tell us that he faked the moon landing? It was good, certainly an interesting way to read the film. And a lot seemed to fit.

But I really don't think he had anything to do with the landing. He presumably wanted to use the idea as a metaphor for human exploration. Danny is the explorer of a maze. Jack is the minotaur.

Read about this in the new issue of Empire (and it made me realise I have never actually seen the US extended cut of the movie, anyone seen it, and what does it include?).

I haven't seen it in a long while but I seem to remember that it added nothing to the film. In fact if I'm right in thinking (and is generally agreed) it really slows the pacing of the film and results in a worse film. Basically the cuts were there for good reason !

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen it in a long while but I seem to remember that it added nothing to the film. In fact if I'm right in thinking (and is generally agreed) it really slows the pacing of the film and results in a worse film. Basically the cuts were there for good reason !

I have only seen the extended cut. Even when BBC America airs the Shining, it airs the US version.

The internets seems 50/50 on which version it prefers; probably has to do with which version a particular viewer became accustomed to.

I'd like to know what version Overlook prefers, as resident Film Dude with Jack Torrance Avatar.

Archived