IGNORED

Room 237 - The making of The Shining documentary

Rubin Farr

am i weird for thinking Shelley Duvall was hot in that movie?

Yea. She's fucking disgusting.

and you know it...

Edited by olo

Pretty entertaining film featuring rather manic but skilled people with interpretations bordering on psychotic conspiracy theories.

Not really a "making of", though. Not at all.

and you know it...

:cisfor:

Learned of this recently, a good watch for Kubrick fans

I dunno, I heard it was pretty shite as a result of -

rather manic but skilled people with interpretations bordering on psychotic conspiracy theories.

Guest Pennywise

Americans didn't land on the moon. Stanley Kubrick directed the fake moon landing and left clues about it in The shining. The kid has a rocket on his jumper and the moon is 238,855 miles away so the room is 237.

This documentary is actually pretty shitty.

all it is is basically footage of the shining with poorly recorded audio interviews over it. it never shows or explains who is talking and/or why they are supposed to be someone worth listening to.

Kubrick's long-time assistant saw this doc and said it's mostly complete bullshit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/movies/aide-to-kubrick-on-shining-scoffs-at-room-237-theories.html

Learned of this recently, a good watch for Kubrick fans

I dunno, I heard it was pretty shite as a result of -

rather manic but skilled people with interpretations bordering on psychotic conspiracy theories.

This. Watching that movie is like being in a room with that one friend who believes in all the conspiracy theories, who also listens to Alex Jones, won't shut up about Building 7 and talks about how the moon is hollow and what not.

Americans didn't land on the moon. Stanley Kubrick directed the fake moon landing and left clues about it in The shining. The kid has a rocket on his jumper and the moon is 238,855 miles away so the room is 237.

Then why isn't it called 239?

i think room 237 has less to do with the validity of individual interpretations and more to do with the prismatic & timeless nature of the film. the point of the documentary is that so many people are still analyzing/interpreting the shining in so many different ways.. and that each interpretation is an intimate refraction of the mind that projected upon it.

edit: this one is interesting: http://www.mstrmnd.com/log/802

Edited by sisforawesome

This documentary is actually pretty shitty.

all it is is basically footage of the shining with poorly recorded audio interviews over it. it never shows or explains who is talking and/or why they are supposed to be someone worth listening to.

Kubrick's long-time assistant saw this doc and said it's mostly complete bullshit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/movies/aide-to-kubrick-on-shining-scoffs-at-room-237-theories.html

Yeah I got all excited to watch this a while ago and came away quite disappointed. Overrated doc, imo

and you know it...

Good lord. I want to loop that for like ten hours.