IGNORED

Room 237 - The making of The Shining documentary

Rubin Farr

Yeah this 'documentary' was pretty laughable. The Shining is one of my favorite movies but this movie is just full of people grasping at straws and drawing hilariously bad conclusions

TBH a few Kubrick films are some of my favorites (2001, Full Metal Jacket, Clockwork Orange), but was never a big Shining fan. It's solid but I never found it that engrossing.

Americans didn't land on the moon. Stanley Kubrick directed the fake moon landing and left clues about it in The shining. The kid has a rocket on his jumper and the moon is 238,855 miles away so the room is 237.

Then why isn't it called 239?

Because the distance from Earth to the Moon isn't fixed. It fluctuates. 237,000 miles is apparently the average distance.

I saw this not too long ago. It had some interesting points, but overall I found the film a chore to be honest. I think it was to do more with the way that it was edited as opposed to the content.

Rob Ager is a better. Some interesting observations:

I think the creepy kid from Back to the future 3 has something to tell Rob.

[youtubehd]zq5-6PkVGCg[/youtubehd]

Edited by olo

Guest Pennywise

Americans didn't land on the moon. Stanley Kubrick directed the fake moon landing and left clues about it in The shining. The kid has a rocket on his jumper and the moon is 238,855 miles away so the room is 237.

Then why isn't it called 239?

Because the distance from Earth to the Moon isn't fixed. It fluctuates. 237,000 miles is apparently the average distance.

I saw this not too long ago. It had some interesting points, but overall I found the film a chore to be honest. I think it was to do more with the way that it was edited as opposed to the content.

I was taking the piss tbh. Its a load of crap (moon landing thing)

• 11 months later...

One thing is interesting in that film and that's the guy who talks about Kubrick using the language of dreams in his films to process history.

haha, does this make any sense? i just had to read it twice and i wrote it.

i missed the articles from Kubrick's aide and the legend demystified thing.

very interesting. *strokes imaginary beard*

PS i now know what i want for Xmas.

Edited by MadameChaos

Guest bitroast

Here is part one of the actual making of, it is amazing....

yes!

this one.

all you need is to read up on the shining (wiki article, maybe an article here or there about kubricks crazy methods of directing) then watching this doco (fly on the wall footage filmed by kubricks daughter) and you've got plenty of insight :)

• 6 years later...
20 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Happy July 4th, and 100th anniversary of The Overlook ball.

IMG_20210704_133017.thumb.jpg.f4264c6a0d2f53a814eefe839a720338.jpg

I've still not yet seen Dr Sleep but I intend to remedy that soon.