IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Rifts

Guest jasondonervan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Couldn't resist and had preordered the vinyl box set. Half expecting it to arrive soon. Curious as to when others receive theirs :)

Wondering how those who paid £££££ for postage from the Mexican Summer site are now feeling, given that it's going to be stocked at all the usual places.

I've never heard any OPN music. I'm tempted by the vinyl box set as I like such things, but there's such a big difference in price between that and the CD version. Plus I've got a new CD player for Christmas.... Hmm.

Guest bitroast

*n* getting so impatient!!

I noticed Tim hecker and lopatin vinyl was in stores yesterday, which lead me to assume the rifts box was coming soon ( what with the delay email advising that the two items were both being pushed back and delayed ). Hate waiting.

Guest jasondonervan

I got a copy of the Rifts poster. Well, Mexican Summer call it a poster but it's actually a very nice silk screen print. Definitely a frame job for this one:

xPrjC.jpg

Wow, how did you got it?

I must say I was pretty surprised listen to OPNs Rifts album. Very elegant and gentle sounds and sometimes right in the 70ties or 80ties sounds. You can hear he took a good portion of inspiration for his albums out of that era.

I'm in Hamburg so I hope to pickup a copy of the album there. Kinda silly postage rate from Software and now obselete since their copies of the vinyl are sold out.

Guest bitroast

^actually.! got the dispatch email awhile back but it went straight to junk folder! can't wait! (Maybe it'll arrive on Monday and I can bail on all nye plans and just stay indoors listening to opn^~^ ^~^

Guest bitroast

holy shit mine arrived today.

the sound quality is definitely really good. listening through the discs and the sound is rich & dynamic and downright tasty.

the quality of the box is really incredibly nice too (especially for a compilation of bedroom synth jams).

i've been pretty impatient waiting for this release and am pretty ecstatic with it in just about ev ery regard^-^

Archived