IGNORED

Mezcal

Braintree

Currently drinking some Mezcal. I'm not a fan of tequila at all, so I was skeptical to know it's made from agave, but I do have to say. It has quite a nice flavor. It's like the scotch of tequilas.

Which is weird again because I don't much take to scotch.

What do you guys have to say? Ever tried it?

I'm currently imbibing with Los Nahuales.

1680_los-nahuales-mezcal-joven_1343969793.jpg

Don't see much of it in this country, and I haven't tried it. I'm a tequila-hater too.

I swear to you this doesn't taste like lighter fluid.

i used to like tequila when i was a kid. Then went off it. Got into mezcal earlier this year, it has a lighter more balanced flavour, whatever that means. Tis quite yummy when you find a good one. I really wouldn't call it the scotch of tequilas though. Scotch is a pretty bold flavour, whilst mezcal tends to the mild. Guess it depends on your sense of taste what impression you are going to get though and i fucking hate scotch, another thing i used to like as a kid, so perhaps there's the mezcal of scotches out there for me, that'll turn me back onto that flavour profile. ;-p hehe.

I love the stuff. never had it until a few years ago. during a trip out to Sedona, az I had a few mezcal martinis, so smoky and delicious. I found the name of the one I was drinking was sombra but I can not get it in nj.

Baph, i have this wheel of alcohol types that cycles like astronomical bodies past my field if interest. Since i started drinking some things like bourbon and kentucky whiskey and rum have orbited in and out of that zone of interest to my taste buds a few times. Less frequently have been things like cider, and tequila. And further out still lies scotch, it's like Neptune or perhaps something zooming around in the Oort Cloud. It may eventually come back into alignment with my slice of the sky, perhaps in a later age, when i've moved to Brittanny and taken up golf. We'll see.

The one I'm drinking has a really smokey flavor, which reminds me of scotch. Didn't even give me a hangover.

I might have to start drinking more of this.

• 2 weeks later...

tequila is by far my favourite alcohol, ive only tried mid price meszal, around 20-25 quid a bottle, but found it unbearably fiery. watching drunken people eat maggots is always fun though.

Archived