IGNORED

hurricane sandy

jules

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

down in MD myself, right next to the coast...and there is a whole lot of nothing going on....once again.

i even (idiotically) drove for almost an hour around midnight last night to check on my momma...nothing but a spaterring of rain...its sposed to get worse now?

down in MD myself, right next to the coast...and there is a whole lot of nothing going on....once again.

i even (idiotically) drove for almost an hour around midnight last night to check on my momma...nothing but a spaterring of rain...its sposed to get worse now?

Most of the rain is on the left side of the storm, while the heavy wind northern right. Maryland has been getting dumped on, near Columbia according to radar. And yeah it hasn't landed yet, so gonna get worse in probably 7 hours will be apex of surge. If you are on the coast, should move to higher ground as the most dangerous aspect of the storm won't be the high winds (though a branch in 30 mph winds can do a lot of damage to u face) but the high tides + heavy rainfall causing a surge, so stay inside , stay cool :cool:

This same article also has a statement that if Baltimore City receives a "major hit" from Sandy, residents will be on their own for a little while after the storm, no mention of what is meant by on their own neither how long "a little while will be":

"If we do have a major hit from the hurricane, you're going to be on your own for a little while from the storm. So, to have water, to have food and to have a flashlight and a radio is really the best so that you can stay connected with the world," said Connor Scott of the Baltimore Mayor's Office of Emergency Management.

Officials recommended freezing some water to help cool food in the refrigerator in case of a power outage.

Model consensus indicates that TS Sandy will be moving west over land and doing plenty of damage inland

in Maryland.

Bloomberg sounded a little shakey just now. Impossible to know how bad this will be exactly but it has turned worse than any of the forecasters predicted so far.

Atlantic City about an hour ago:

A6X0o__CIAAVEKN.jpg

Photo from Ocean City, NJ:

525591_456230634418295_520891837_n.jpg

In Brooklyn and wind is picking up. But only a tiny bit of rain. I'm right on the border of Zone C and the "all clear" for flood evacuations. So far they have only evacuated Zone A hopefully I can stay here. I have a friend in Gravesend that I'm worried about.

Just moved to NYC for school so this is a big change from CA Bay Area.

School is cancelled and subways are closed and tunnels are closing soon. I really hope the subways don't flood because taking the bus into NYC for months would be god awful.

AVIATION /15Z MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...

29/09Z...UPDATE

ONLY MINOR CHANGES TO PREV 06Z TAFS.

29/06Z...

WV/IR SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS SANDY TURNING TOWARD THE NORTH...WITH

THE CENTER LOCATED ABOUT 400MI SSE OF NYC AS OF 0600 UTC. SANDY

WILL TURN TO THE NORTHWEST TODAY...FOLLOWED BY A TURN TOWARD THE

WNW TONIGHT. ON THE CURRENT FCST TRACK...THE CENTER OF SANDY WILL

MOVE ONSHORE THE MID-ATLC COAST/NJ COAST THIS EVE/TNT. THE STORM

WILL BECOME POST-TROPICAL AS IT ENTERS PA BY EARLY TUES.

IT IS NOT SURPRISING THAT WHEN RUNNING THE CLIMATE CHECK FOR THE

TAFS...A MESSAGE STATING "NO SIMILAR EVENTS FOUND" WAS DISPLAYED.

WITH THAT IN MIND...EXPECT HAZARDOUS FLYING CONDITIONS THROUGH THE

PERIOD...WITH INTENSITY OF RNFL AND LLVL WIND FIELDS STEADILY

INCREASING.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/templates/loop_directory.asp?data_folder=dev/lindsey/loops/goes14&image_width=1020&image_height=720&number_of_images_to_display=50

post-25994-1351525434.png

Battery Park... 20 mins and heavier winds will start to hit land. 8 hours till high tide...

this is fucked.

..and what about the 25+ Nuclear Power Plants located along the East Coast..?!?

shit is about to get real (fucked)!!

post-25994-1351525434.png

Battery Park... 20 mins and heavier winds will start to hit land. 8 hours till high tide...

this is fucked.

..and what about the 25+ Nuclear Power Plants located along the East Coast..?!?

shit is about to get real (fucked)!!

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/nrc-sends-extra-inspectors-to-nuclear-plants

Archived