IGNORED

Just released my noise(?) project's debut album...

Zephyr_Nova

I posted this in New Releases as well, this is just my bonus push for those who may otherwise miss it:

http://cthulhudetonator.bandcamp.com/album/infernal-machines

The music falls somewhere between Merzbow and GY!BE. It is perhaps atypical for the noise genre as it is quite structured and sometimes melodic/rhythmic, but I don't know what else to classify it is. It's in the spirit of noise music in any case.

(please excuse the verbatim rehash of the spiel from my other thread...)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will listen to it later today. I don't listen to noise music often anymore but I like how each noise musician is like a unique entity with their own tendencies, seeing as noise music operates on rules you just kind of make up as you go along.

Awesome, I'd be curious to know what you think! Going to noise shows the last couple years has been especially inspiring to me --there are definitely a lot of unique entities in the scene... you never know what you're going to get at a noise show. There was one particularly memorable act at the last one I was at that involved a mic, a lot of lube, and one hell of a ballsy woman.

Thanks all!

I just mentioned Merzbow as everyone knows the reference, and his work has admittedly been hugely inspiring. I agree he can be a bit bland sometimes due to how frequently he releases stuff, but when he's on his music can be quite rewarding. 1930's perhaps my favorite release of his that I've heard.

I listened to the first song and I dug it. Well done.

Nice balance of "noise" and melody.

I'll definitely be checking out the rest tomorrow, mid-day, when I get to crank music super-loud with virtual impunity.

I'll definitely be checking out the rest tomorrow, mid-day, when I get to crank music super-loud with virtual impunity.

The best way to listen! :beer:

I fixed up the embarrassing typo and reuploaded the album art, for anyone who cares about that.

It just happened to be the most aesthetically pleasing font I tried for the album title on the cover. If I thought times new roman looked the best I would have used times new roman. Those are my punk rock principles.

There was one particularly memorable act at the last one I was at that involved a mic, a lot of lube, and one hell of an ovarysy woman.

fixed.

She was, until she destroyed them with a microphone. She had that thing shoved in pretty far.

haha the comic sans bugged me too.

Blinding White Light is gorgeous. That and Womb are my favorites. Strangely enough this album just helped me fall asleep and nap . .

Thanks man :wub:

No, thank you. :beer:

Blinding White Light was the track that spawned this whole project. It's a favorite of mine too.

As someone without photoshop experience it didn't even occur to me that comic sans was one of those "not again" fonts. To me it's just one among 100 others that I'm unfamiliar with, and it looked best for that particular bit.

This is really good!

I'm not well-versed in noise, but this reminds me of my favorite noise/industrial group, Tam Quam Tabula Rasa, but with more melody.

You need to make an artist page on last.fm!

Thanks! I'm about to check out TQTR's In Absentia album on your recommendation. To be honest, I'm not really that well versed in noise either. I basically acquired the Merzbox for very cheap and was very quickly inspired to make music with a similar approach, but try some different things with it that I hadn't heard before. Also going to noise shows has been very inspiring. Experiencing this sort of music live is really quite unlike anything else.

Thanks for the last.fm suggestion, I'll look into that!

This site has my favorite release by them, Unititled.

http://noise-arch.net/

Just click on "T" and it'll be the first one.

I guess maybe they're more drone-y than your stuff, and possibly more "organic." I still think it's appropriate to say that your stuff is similar because I enjoy it as much as TQTR's stuff.

Archived