IGNORED

Analog Four teaser trailer

Guest SecondaryCell

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm?

I don't see anything about a trigger/bias type of signal...

GND MACHINES

The GND synthesis consists of three machines with very basic functionality. They can be used for adding extra tonality to other sounds.

GROUND “GND”

The GND machine consists of basically nothing at all.

SINE WAVE “SIN”

This machine generates a basic sine wave. When a machine is cleared, it reverts into a SIN machine.

TUNE (tune) sets the tune of the oscillator. NOISE “NOIS”

Generates different colors of noise.

ST (stereo) changes the character of the noise waveform. If STON is set to ON, increasing the ST parameter will expand the stereo width of the noise waveform.

RED (redness) sets the color of the noise. When set to zero the noise is white, when set to 64 pink noise is generated. Red noise is generated when the parameter is set to its max value.

STON (stereo on) activates the stereo width functionality of the ST parameter.

TUNE (tune) sets the tune of the oscillator.

Though I do seem to remember seeing something about this in the Machinedrum manual.

Guest bitroast

Machinedrum has GND IMP (impulse) which is the 'trigger' machine you're referring to (use it for 101 ext clock).

((no idea on the empty GND machine..))

Can anyone share some tracks they've done on this thing. I've had it for a year and a half and can't really seem to get much out of it... Used all my saved up cash and I feel like I may've wasted it?

I'd like to hear some cool stuff. (Most of the yt vids have been meh)

Maybe I just suck at synthesis lol.

Can anyone share some tracks they've done on this thing. I've had it for a year and a half and can't really seem to get much out of it... Used all my saved up cash and I feel like I may've wasted it?

I'd like to hear some cool stuff. (Most of the yt vids have been meh)

Maybe I just suck at synthesis lol.

what sort of music do you make? i think its pretty amazeballs..

nice. I ended up ordering a Monomachine instead, but in a year or so I will probably tempted to go for the A4 or the octatrack. Depends on how much I end up relying on my analog synths.

Guest bitroast

.. i mean this thing does acid like a 101 on steriods, beats like aphex in 'i care because you do', autechre style sequencing..... my favourite synth i own?

yeah, I was watching / reading up on the A4 and it was sort of reminding me of a simple setup of having 4 analog synths (ie. 101 or whatever) but with added sequencer for each + param locks for step by step sequencing. it would be handy as for an all in 1 box.

it looks like a beast and I would be totally happy to own one (but wanna focus on other things first instead:)

Guest bitroast

it looks like a beast and I would be totally happy to own one (but wanna focus on other things first instead:)

what other things? (just interested)

oh geez, my set up is so minimal so this post is pretty irrelevant to everything, but whatever you asked :)

my super minimal setup =

computer with ableton (have always been software centered so my hardware setup is near non-existent.. and this is something im slooowly trying to turn around because im bored of looking at screen and controlling everything by mouse and clicking and etc. but things cost money and i'm shit with money so its slow process..)

have SH-101 which is modded for extra inputs and outputs, play with lfo etc. can switch triangle osc to sine.

have elektron machinedrum (also use this to trigger 101. sample 101 via inputs, etc).

have Yamaha tx81z but hardly use it cos still haven't gotten around to getting editor working on my dumb mac operating system).

was thinking of getting a hardware something that could work as editor for tx81z (as per some suggestions in my dumb tx81x thread:)

getting audio interface + mixer at some point is consideration..

getting more synths (microbrute is cheap fun something to play with) + sequencer (arturia beatstep is cheap fun something to play with).

want more effect things like reverb, delay, etc.

also really have my eye on octatrack because I enjoy elektron interface/setup and think their designated sampler box would be a sweet something.. but again, expensive)

A4 would be great addition too but it's a bit too similar to 101, for example, or other synths. have other things as priority :)

LEM's stuff is always pretty good, though this one doesn't really show off much in terms of melodies. Sound design is bangin' though:

Wow yeah that's some solid sound design. I'm trying to go for melodic stuff on it.

what sort of music do you make? i think its pretty amazeballs..

Not acid. And recently not in the mood to do ae style stuff either. I do a lot of ambient/drone though but I haven't tried doing any of that with the a4.

Trying to get some nice sounds to use as leads and play melodies.

Guest bitroast

i'll just tell you to buy an analog keys.,. because i really like it. so dont listen to my blabbering

well, i'd wanna get the keyless A4 if I was gonna get a bog standard A4.

and I totally want it ! but .. it's expensive. it'll have to wait ^^

Archived