IGNORED

Analog Four teaser trailer

Guest SecondaryCell

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd definitely say analog drum machine, if it weren't for that keys graphics in the PR pic///////

Screenshot%202013-11-08%2021.56.40.png

I mean what else could this be if not keys, and if it is, it's kinda obvious innit... could be some sort of distraction tho but what sense does that make?

also, that Night Of Machines is gonna be a sausage party lol.

T

swedish for drums is "trummor"

hmmmmm.... a thin lead but I certainly hope it's a drum machine not a stage piano.

lol at the thought of Elektron turning into Clavia.

i'm gonna go with a poly a4 with keys, wood end cheeks, the whole bit.

but i'd really like these guys to release a multi-fx box. like a quadraverb x 1000 with all sorts of weird filters & sound manglers. p-locks an all that jazz. something in the $400-$500 range.

i think a lot of people would go for that. i'd buy it in a second.

it would be pretty lame i think to make a poly version of the A4 but not make the A4 that already exists poly with an upgrade.

Hopefully this is not it. Got a chance to play with an octatrack pretty extensively yesterday. Pretty impressive machine, just using the classic elektron LFO mapping on things like start points or slice point is a pretty fun way to get quasi random patterns

that would be mega lame. but srsly, a keyboard version of the A4? why not just plug a MIDI keyboard into the existing machine?

and even if, seems to me that a simple keyboard update of the A4 wouldn't warrant a launch-party kinda thing in Berlin.

so nah... gotta be something more substantial

they've been reading the aaa thread i'm sure... it's a controller for max/msp utilizing new protocol, never seen before

or it's a physical modeling iOS app

thing is, the announcement seems pretty low key, so i don't think this is gonna be any big paradigm-shifting thing.

they usually announce their new gear with a big tease campaign, some epic sci-fi trailer with that hector dude, lots of hints and strange images leading up to the release date.

but this is just like 'hey were gonna have a concert, and we also have a new machine to show you'. its even called 'night of machines', so it's not like the emphasis is even on the one new thing but rather their whole lineup. seems like it's just a refinement of something that already exists instead of something really new.

anyway, the announcement poster has wood grain and what looks like an image of keys on it so that's why i guessed an a4 poly. who knows what it really will be.

the analog 4 is already an analog drum machine...

hm yea... you can shape it into a pretty interesting one, but it takes effort making nice & punchy sounds and using the 4 voices efficiently...

you could as well say that the monomachine is a drum machine...

a dedicated drum machine should be more immediate.. I bet if they're making one it'll be dead easy to build nice punchy kits (looking at you, Machinedrum Kit Edit menu!), but with the usual Elektron depth/tweakability...

a few things that would make it a killer drum machine that the A4 doesn't have:

- individual outputs per voice (12?)

- percussion-optimized FX, assignable on a per voice basis or as master (Dynamics, EQ....)

- live-recording of drum phrases (think triggering A4 sounds from the sound pool using MIDI notes...)

about the sound engine.... it could be several identical voices which are highly tweakable, like all other Elektron machines, or they could even switch to a more classic layout where the individual voices have dedicated roles.. for more immediacy... anyway this is fantasy land....

i'm an Analog Four beta OS tester and i have no idea at all what this new machine is.

Imo an all new drum machine which is a worthy successor to the MD..

Analog or hybrid, but completely redesigned. The tech in the Machinedrum is mega old by now....

It feels very dated compared to the Analog Four, which has much more modern CPU & DSP, more RAM...

MD also sounds really lo-fi compared to A4. I mean it still sounds good and has all that aesome (yes i wrote aesome) quirkiness, but old and lo-fi... so my best guess is that they're replacing it.

I have a sps-1 mk1 and was just talking with my friend about wanting to upgrade to the UW mkII. I noticed they were sold out.

I'd be super psyched if they offered a mkIII version... All the features of the mkii and then some. It'd definitely make the question of upgrading a nobrainer.

Archived