IGNORED

Analog Four teaser trailer

Guest SecondaryCell

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure it'll be a cool synth.... but just not very exciting... BUT there is hope. From the Elektron FB page:

"Analog Keys revealed. But we have been working on another machine as well. It is shown in Berlin - placed inside a cube with frosted glass, meaning no one has seen it in the flesh - and will be released very very soon.

It won't replace any of our current offerings and will be one hell of a machine."

I was really hoping for a MD mkIII, but at least there will be something totally NEW.

well, the analog keys was predictable... but i'm really interested in the mystery box behind the frosted glass!

http://vine.co/v/hUBA7Wbrrru

it's hard to tell from the video but it looks like the standard elektron 16-step sequencer row at the bottom has some unusual movements. maybe a multi-track midi sequencer?

Obviously need to wait for the "full specification" to be sure but I'm no sure there is enough to make me want to plump for this over the Analog4. If you look at the picture above you'll see it says "4 Voice Analog Synthesizer" underneath the log. Also, here is a vido that makes mention of some of the additional elements:

poly mode is lush.

multimap mode is lush.

+Drive is lush

the ladder filter got a resonance boost (can sound mean now!)

Keys feels good, but I'm not in the market. Tabletop A4 gets all these features too.

the new thing is mysterious.

i'm still kind of bummed out I didn't get a keyboarded monomachine, got a chance to borrow it from my friend and it was fucking awesome. It just looks really weird also. This analog4 keys has a nice conventional look to it that would probably appeal to most people.

poly mode is lush.

multimap mode is lush.

+Drive is lush

the ladder filter got a resonance boost (can sound mean now!)

Keys feels good, but I'm not in the market. Tabletop A4 gets all these features too.

the new thing is mysterious.

If the tabletop A4 gets those features too then it might be trickier for me to resist it's temptations... I do note, however, that they are offering 10% on stuff just now inlcuding the current A4.... presumably they've some units to shift before the new stuff comes out.

hmm, so is there any definitive word on which features will be ported to the A4? I mostly just want the ability to do poly

but some people in here are saying you can't control it with a keyboard, I've never tried it with an actual midi keyboard but I've been able to sequence it externally since the first OS update, is that what you guys mean or something else?

i'm still kind of bummed out I didn't get a keyboarded monomachine, got a chance to borrow it from my friend and it was fucking awesome. It just looks really weird also. This analog4 keys has a nice conventional look to it that would probably appeal to most people.

they looked awsome but mine was very buggy with stuck notes (could also been the dodgy mains in the house I was in)in poly mode but having differnt patterns on separate keys was quite liberating

almost got an A4 but ended up getting a Perfourmer for the sound :mellow:

yeah, so this is defo about the definitive word on what features are being made available on the tabletop version. A price difference that is the guts of £500 suggests that even if it's just the poly and +drive that are ported there's no way I'd be tempted to get the keys version.

i can attest that the new OS makes the A4 / AK a real beast. easily twice as good as it was, and that's no hyperbole.

if the next thing is going to be a drum machine I have no idea how it's supposed to top this :wtf:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived