IGNORED

Bola these days

Terpentintollwut

^ Wow what was I saying there? Clearly I had no idea how good Exai was gonna be.

Anyway, Bola has just posted on his FB that the release probably won't happen in 2013, but it sounds like there's definitely something in the works and that it will be finished & released relatively soon!

^ Wow what was I saying there? Clearly I had no idea how good Exai was gonna be.

Anyway, Bola has just posted on his FB that the release probably won't happen in 2013, but it sounds like there's definitely something in the works and that it will be finished & released relatively soon!

Good news! I only just got his 'One' EP and every track is rock solid: this has to be one of the best EPs released in 1995!

Guest igloos unlmtd

Going to have to get Gnayse again probably shouldn't have sold that one but it just never hit me like Soup... which has really held up well. It almost seems better to me now then when it was released. Always stoked when my ipod hits it on random.

Soup is the shiz.

Kroungrine was my first listen, in the dead of 2007's winter. I'll never forget that. Diamortem is an epic track. dude is a master at subtle IDM rhythms, I wouldn't be surprised if Ae learnt a bit about how to work that stuff in their own tracks (for Diamortem cf. submerged rhythms in Pro Radii) from him given their co-operation early in Ae's life.

Well he did say

It was my intention to get the release out before the end of 2013, however unfortunately I find myself easily distracted in my old age So it may be a lttle into 2014

so I'm optimistic. Sounds like it's almost finished to me.

What about Fyuti, guys? That one has some killer tracks too! Might be my favorite, even though it's more a collection of tracks than a structured album like Gnayse or Soup.

Kroungrine is good but lacks a bit of soul compared to the older albums imo. Might be due to the crystal-clear production, maybe just personal preference.

• 5 weeks later...

I was just listening to Kroungrine on Monday driving to work and it sounded better than ever. I also just started liking the Jello album this past year. When it came out, I thought it wasn't quite my thing and only put it on a couple times. But now it's like a whole new album. I think everyone worldwide is really starting to feel the absence of new Bola material by now, so fingers crossed for 2014. Unless he wants to go with the whole BOC eight years off now after he saw how well it worked for them. :happy:

Guest Roksen Creek

The Jello album is really underrated. It's as good as his Bola stuff.

glink glink glink glink

Still my favourite Bola track.

Guest igloos unlmtd

Glink was an important track for me early on as it served as a nice transition from shoegaze to electronic music. But now when I listen to Soup - Forcasa 3 & Whoblo steal the show for me.

Archived