IGNORED

School Shooting in Connecticut

vamos scorcho

lol. No further thoughts?

I don't think the shooting was a hoax but that is one seriously weird video. It's not unusual to have odd "inappropriate" reactions to trauma, but that dude does behave like he's just getting into character.

who knows his psyche given the situation. a friend of mine found out her mother died in a car crash and started laughing hysterically then devolved into screaming and thrashing. it was really disturbing. some people handle it very strangely. its almost like the adrenaline and the sadness force itself out however it deems necessary.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody hear about this conspiracy theory about 'sandy hook' being on the gotham map in one scene in Dark Knight Rises? I think it's probably a coincidence but it's awfully creepy given the last theatre shooting

sandyhookmap1212.jpeg

this was given out in the official press kit for Dark Knight rises, the red markings are supposed to be Bane strikezones. It also appeared briefly during 2 scenes of the film

http://gothamist.com/2012/12/18/sandy_hook_labeled_strike_zone_in_d.php

While The NRA was holding a press conference discussing the need for more guns, another shooting spree happened. Irony much?

http://www.gawker.com/5970497/while-the-nra-was-on-tv-talking-about-the-need-for-more-guns-some-guy-was-walking-up-and-down-a-road-in-pennsylvania-shooting-people

There are little kids there. People try to be warm and happy around little kids who are dealing with terrible shit. I guarantee you the President of all people is well aware that he is being photographed, and also that the children involved are in a happy mood. I can also imagine that if the Prez was engaged in a librul conspiracah to take away your guns, he probably wouldn't be making public appearances that would accidentally confirm the appearance of such a conspiracy.

You don't get a full story with a still picture. For all we know, one of the kids said something adorable, or farted.

And, for that matter, since I can't actually see the face of the alleged father there, and since no source has been offered for the photo, for all I know it was taken 17 weeks ago.

The first video doesn't prove anything other than either (a) that guy is dealing with grief in a weird way, which happens or (b) he's a douchebag. Either scenario is pretty plausible. We're talking about a fucking human here.

Does anyone have any well-articulated thoughts on this?

Obama and government is the devil, Americans are hypocrites for paying attention to these dead children while drones kill kids in Pakistan, Religion is mis-understood unless you practice the faith for years (god only cares if you worship) and overall life sucks so might as well call everything a wash. But Obama is definitely satan and western government provides no opportunities for us to positively change flawed traditions. This is it. Forever. Don't be arrogant and question it. It's fine for the most part aside from everything sucking.

Are they supposed to be moping and crying in the picture with the president instead?

i don't know if there is such a thing as a "proper" reaction. i talked to one of my friends and she said during her uncle's funeral, someone made an "inside" joke that caused everyone to start laughing. what i found strange was how this guy changed his demeanor when they started rolling the cameras

Are they supposed to be moping and crying in the picture with the president instead?

i don't know if there is such a thing as a "proper" reaction. i talked to one of my friends and she said during her uncle's funeral, someone made an "inside" joke that caused everyone to start laughing. what i found strange was how this guy changed his demeanor when they started rolling the cameras

i definitely understand people being confused and bewildered by his reactions...but again...people can handle death VERY strangely.

Guest Mirezzi

I find that photo incredibly fucking sad, for some of the reasons described by baph. Trying to keep your shit together for your kids would have to be the most absurdly challenging / impossible feat ever.

Does anyone have any well-articulated thoughts on this?

Obama and government is the devil, Americans are hypocrites for paying attention to these dead children while drones kill kids in Pakistan, Religion is mis-understood unless you practice the faith for years (god only cares if you worship) and overall life sucks so might as well call everything a wash. But Obama is definitely satan and western government provides no opportunities for us to positively change flawed traditions. This is it. Forever. Don't be arrogant and question it. It's fine for the most part aside from everything sucking.

Activism is rampant worldwide. It's snowballing and I'm optimistic about the future.

Guest Mirezzi
Every dumbass suggesting that armed teachers or even armed security guards are going to help, think again:

This video was made by ABC in 2009 and it's fairly conclusive. Toward the end, an FBI trainer mentions how high stress environmental shooting is very much a perishable skill. Even if a teacher somehow did go through tons of training, he or she would have to continue to train in high stress shooting environments to have any hope of holding onto that ability. Even then, it's still just "training".

All of this talk of arming private security or teachers is really naive in addition to being fucking pathetic.

Archived