IGNORED

do you eat KFC?

Guest yikes

I'm pretty lucky in that I come from a household and tradition where good food is cooked with fine ingredients and served at the table. I carry that tradition on. I love cooking real food and eating at a table with conversation. I think it defines me from a lot of people who I know. In fact friends used to take the piss out of me for it when I was younger. They were obviously very jealous, it was so obvious it was laughable and I never rose to take the bait. And they knew why. I ate like a king. And still do.

Having said that I love a KFC, it was pretty ropey about 10 years ago but seems to off improved a lot.

Hangover? KFC is better than any homecooked food I ever ate. There's some untruth there but I think you'll understand if you love the ale (and occasional narcotic)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha yeah KFC is quite often my hangover food of choice.. even though I live in an area where there are a lot more amazing options. I'm trying to switch to banh mi instead because it's cheaper, and the place near me does crispy pork belly as a filling, so goood.

Guest feralkittens

I don't even care, famous bowls are a brilliant idea. I make a vegan version sometimes. Douse it with some tabasco...baby you got a stew going.

Couldn't handle that.

The less moisture in my food the better.

100%

The last time I ate KFC was 3 years ago. I was working at a health food store in my neighbourhood at the time and smuggled it home in my coat. I had the realization that I could be walking openly with a kilo of cocaine and my friends at the time would have less of a problem with it. I got home and opened my food and 4 fruit flies flew out of the packaging. They looked strong and beautiful, but sadly the food wasn't very good.

wikipedia: "KFC was also accused of using illegally high amounts of monosodium glutamate"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFC

msgtruth.org: "The absolute worst offender listed on our Foods to Avoid page is KFC. The following KFC menu items all contain MSG"

http://www.msgtruth.org/whywe.htm

msgexposed.com: basically EVERYTHING at KFC has Monosodium Glutamate and not only that but it contains multiple versions of MSG layered on top of one another

http://www.msgexposed.com/kfcs-secret-blend-of-herbs-spices-oh-yeah-and-msg/

google, KFC MSG, and read endless amounts of information on the subject. the main point being, that not only is MSG in KFC food, its almost always in most fast food, and also found in food served in restaurants, as well as in most foods sold in grocery stores. if youre concerned about your food, you should also be aware of the idea of "hidden msg". where as companies sneak msg in the food with ingredients such as autolyzed extracts, hydrolyzed proteins, as well as natural and artificial flavours, and spices. beware of these products if youre concerned about the food sold in stores these days. visit this site to learn more:

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/. they changed their layout, but i think all the bombshell info is still there

KFC used to be alright when they did it all on premises, pressure cooked the old broilers, and then battered and fried it. Now it comes premade, and they cook it in bulk and it sits in the hotbox with the oil leaching into the batter. So when you order it you don't get kentucky fried chicken, you get KFC. Their chips are shit now too, always dry and horrible.

So it once was ok early 90's and before. They must have had some method that the colonel mandated for a basic quality level. All that has since been abandoned in search of greater margins.

Archived