IGNORED

Kelpe - The Golden Eagle

sidewinder

Kelpe has been hinting at a new LP for a while, and posted this image on FB today:

<dammit how the hell do you attach an image?>

"New LP is so close I can touch it"

and then later:

"As hinted below, I've got a new LP coming out this spring / summer - more details on that to follow. Firstly though, I'll be launching the LP in London at this Soundcrash event on the 14th June, with the amazing SHIGETO - cheap early bird tickets are on sale now ->

http://www.soundcrashmusic.com/shigeto-kelpe/"

I'm very excited for this. Cambio Wechsel was fantastic and underrated. Though his EPs since then have been a little hit or miss to me. Not bad, just nothing at the level of the last two albums and accompanying EPs. Hope it comes out in spring versus summer! It will surely be good weather music. I first discovered him in the spring or summer of 2009 and spent a lot of time listening at parks after cycling.

Have to agree on the EPs comment. Very hit or miss. Enjoyed 1 track per EP.

But I've been into this guy for so damn long I'll listen to anything new he comes out with, and that CD looks glorious. Haha, I remember typing in "kelpe the golden eagle" into Google after first seeing that CD and there was NOT A DAMN result that had anything to do with it yet.

• 1 month later...

Tracklist and artwork announced, with premiere of song "" and video.

kelpe_lp_pakshot_lo.jpg

1. Astrolomy
2. Beaks of Eagles
3. Superzero Theme
4. Go Visible
5. Nice Eyes in My Size
6. Single Stripe
7. Glinterlude
8. Puds
9. Outwhere
10. Answered

http://www.junodownload.com/plus/2013/04/22/full-details-on-kelpes-fourth-lp-emerge/

• 1 month later...

Stream the album here: http://www.factmag.com/2013/05/28/stream-the-new-album-from-kelpe-fourth-the-golden-eagle/

I want to wait and just download, but I think I'll have a preview so I can decide if I want to order the vinyl or buy the MP3s. Beautiful artwork but I want to make sure I like the music as much as his last few albums, since some of the recent EPs didn't feel as strong to me. He's strong at putting together an album, though.

this sounds kind of cool, but i'm not really in a place to say. i have been having severe difficulties taking in music and other media. like i haven't really been able to "get behind" a release in a while.

i quite like the first of that non lp single when that bubbly synth comes in, but i'm not a fan of all of the additions, like the whispers, the off beat la beat scene arp that comes in, or the needless panning at the end. but the melody is excellent and, like i said, that bubbly water synth is joyous.

could have done with more simplicity and warmness.

Guest interr0bangr

I'm really happy that "old" Sea Inside Body/Ex-Aquarium-style Kelpe is back on this album. I like skweee/wonky beats Kelpe as much as the next guy but Sea Inside Body is up there among my favorite albums of all time and I've kinda fallen out of love with Kelpe over the years.

I didn't feel this was really any more like Sea Inside Body than any of the more recent Kelpe stuff. I do think it's closer to Ex-Aquarium than to Cambio Wechsel though. Cambio was darker, and underrated IMO. Guess I'll have to revisit Sea Inside Body, been a while since I listened to it.

I'm starting my second listen now, but on the first pass some of the songs felt a little rushed. The whole album seemed short, too. Ten tracks and only 3 of them are over 5 minutes. I like the sounds though, just need to let it sink in. This is definitely one of my most anticipated this year.

Just got this today and wow, VERY impressed! I wasn't too into his last couple EPs and Cambio was my least favorite album, but I love the direction he's going now. A short album, but there's no filler here! Definitely check this one out guys, even if you haven't been feeling Kelpe lately.

It definitely satisfies, though it's also a bit safe. Certainly not as daring as Cambio was, I really feel that album doesn't get the credit it's due.

Not many of the tracks on Cambio stick for me... every time I listen to it I can't remember most of it and I think "maybe I'll like it more this time". Never really happens though. I guess I like my Kelpe 'safe' :music:

Despite some of the things I have said, I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of this. Maybe I listened to "Answered" a few too many times before the album as a whole, I normally don't like to do that for this reason. Anyway, along with Bibio's latest this is some great summer outdoors music. Indoors with headphones too, for that matter. :music:

Archived