IGNORED

King Midas Sound - TBA

Npoess

There haven't been a thread for this, right?

My Bloody Valentine in Dub”? Sign us up.

As we already posted, King Midas Sound have recently signed to Ninja Tune and have a new album in the works. First single ‘Aroo’ is due to drop on Record Store Day (April 20), but FACT interviewed the band and got the scoop on what we should be expecting on the full-length. Roger Robinson’s most illuminating comment was to say that the band had “jettisoned the 21st Century lovers rock” and instead moved into near-shoegaze territory, noting “one journalist who’d seen some of the live material described it as an apocalyptic “My Bloody Valentine in Dub” I think that goes some way to describe what it’s like.”.
Robinson went on to say that the trio had “about eight songs” finished, and that the album would be a real mix of styles, stating ”We definitely have different types of songs that are emerging, In-yer-face belters, drony swoony love songs, and mid-tempo head nodders.”.

http://www.factmag.com/2013/04/05/king-midas-sound-share-details-of-my-bloody-valentine-esque-new-album/

http://www.factmag.com/2013/03/27/king-midas-sound-sign-to-ninja-tune-new-single-on-the-way/

"Moved into near-shoegaze territory"... "MBV in dub"... Consider me intrigued. Waiting For You was amazing looking forward to this one.

Hmm... yeah that wasn't what I was expecting at all... :unsure: didn't really care for that either. Maybe this won't be so good.

Also, whoever came up with "mbv in dub" to describe this needs a good spanking.

futurama_3.jpg'

AROOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, whoever came up with "mbv in dub" to describe this needs a good spanking.

Yeah, wtf. MBV in Dub would certainly be interesting, but that song was not even close.

i got that video in my mail and got distracted - shut it off - halfway through

a lot of tremendously boring radio-sounding shite that gets out of the ninja tune HQ these days

It's clearly an attempt to give the project more mainstream publicity. Just look at the music video, it looks like some trash you would see on MTV or some other music channel.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more like it:

It's actually quite stunning.

Okay now this is like 100x better than ARREEEEUUUUUUUGH .... if most of the album ends up more like this consider me interested again

Archived