IGNORED

Best In-Ear Headphones???

spunktronics

Not these. I use them at my work PC. I bought them super cheap in a "bargain bin" and while they work ok, Yoda's ears will slowly sink into your ear cartridge without you knowing, causing a lot of pain when you take them out.

medium.jpg?1359019366

The thing about (good) IEMs is that they are ideally very isolating, which results in listening to music at the lowest possible sound pressure level. Not sure about the cable movement issue; I get a little on my shures but it doesn't sound destructively loud (just jarring since most external sound isn't getting through).

yeah, i noticed that if i use different or shittier ear buds i gotta crank the sound. if it's quiet, like in a library, i can have the sound almost off and can hear music just fine. i dont find cable noise, but i usually run my cable under my shirt to my pocket so it doesn't move around much.

Not these. I use them at my work PC. I bought them super cheap in a "bargain bin" and while they work ok, Yoda's ears will slowly sink into your ear cartridge without you knowing, causing a lot of pain when you take them out.

medium.jpg?1359019366

lol

• 4 years later...

I don't know if Bluetooth is a factor here, but I have been pleasantly pleased with Anker's offering:

s-l300.jpg

They hold a charge for about 5-8 hours, are really lightweight, don't slip out of your ears, and are small enough that you don't look like you have two bolts sticking out of your head a la Frankenstein.

And you can usually find them for around 20-25USD

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Headphones-Lightweight-Connection-Sweatproof/dp/B01N6DC2ZE

I don't know if Bluetooth is a factor here, but I have been pleasantly pleased with Anker's offering:

s-l300.jpg

They hold a charge for about 5-8 hours, are really lightweight, don't slip out of your ears, and are small enough that you don't look like you have two bolts sticking out of your head a la Frankenstein.

And you can usually find them for around 20-25USD

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Headphones-Lightweight-Connection-Sweatproof/dp/B01N6DC2ZE

What do they sound like?

i'm thinking about getting some bose sports earbuds, because water proof listening is important to me.

Don't

They break after a very short time

I've had three replacements

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. well , recommend any waterproof, preferably wireless buds?

I've been using the same pair of Sony's for 3-4 years now. They've survived many a drunken night passing out with em on. 

I don't remember the model number and it's rubbed off now, but they're Sony MDR XB something or others. I got lucky on them; I bought an $79 pair and they crapped out, returned them under warranty and they screwed up and replaced em with $179 ones lol.

But even the $79 sony's were really good. 

Moral of my story, sony makes deece earbuds.

Using the Sony xba-nc85d noise cancelling ones. They came out in 2012 and were the first ones to have all the NC tech built into the buds rather than a block on the cable. They're fine but getting fed up of the battery running out.

Archived